A Past that has Come back

(Y/n) P.O.V

Tick Tock tick tock.

Time was ticking. Now was my chance to act.

I pushed against the glass door that led to the popular Lucky Cat Cafe. I walked to the register and waited as a woman appeared.

"Hi! Welcome to-"

"Hiro." I interrupted her. "May I speak with Hiro Hamada?" I asked. The lady hesitated before pointing up some stairs.

"Top floor..." She replied hesitantly.

"Thank you." The woman nodded as I walked up the steps, following her directions to the top floor.

I instantly began to search for the boy. "Hiro." I said as soon as I saw him. He jumped and turned to face me.

"Who are you?!" He blurted out.

"I can help you." I said. "I am here about Tadashi." Hiro froze.

"How do you..."

"Doesn't matter, you must hurry though, you have a chance, will you take it?" I asked.

"This is ridiculous." He said. "I barely even know you."

"Well you're just gonna have to trust me then huh?" I said, pulling out a pocket watch and rewinding the hands backwards.

I grabbed Hiro's hand as I pressed the button to set the time.

Click!

All of a sudden the world was spinning- backwards.

"What's going on?!" Hiro asked.

"Wait." I said as it went from night to day, going back to the day it all began.

When Hiro became afraid of fire.

The world stopped moving and I let go of Hiro's hand. "This is you chance to save Tadashi... But it comes at a cost." I warned him, leading him out of the house.

"It's 7:30 6th of June... The expo is about to be lit on fire by the professor." I said.

"You can not be seen by anyone who saw you that night and you mustn't interfere with your other self." I explained.

"We aren't really at that night... Are we?" Hiro asked as we turned around a street.

"Here we are." I whispered.

"I've seen this all before..." He whispered. "What's the catch?"

"Big hero 6 will never have existed and the events that occurred after the formation of the team will never have happened." I replied.

Hiro frowned. "So Abigail will never be rescued?" He asked.

"I'm afraid so- but if you take this chance, professor Callaghan will be captured." I pointed out.

"But if I can save Tadashi... There is nothing to avenge..." Hiro pointed out. "Who are you?" He asked.

"(Y/n)... My purpose here isn't yet clear to you so my purpose is unknown." I said.

"Your purpose?" Hiro asked as a loud siren went off. We ran to the building expo to see two boys in front of it.

"TADASHI NO!" A voice cried.

"Is that me?" Hiro asked.

"You may still save your brother." I reminded him.

Hiro shook his head. "How?!" Then he froze. "I don't want to... I know I have said many times I want him back but I can't... This isn't right... That's your purpose huh? To tell me I don't need him."

I nodded.

I pulled my pocket watch and turned it back while holding his hand.

The world sped up and everything played like a movie until we arrived back at our starting point. I looked at Hiro as he stared at me "I have a question." i stated. Hiro nodded.

"When ever i find someone and take them back in time, they always choose to reverse what happened- why haven't you?" Hiro went silent and processed my question.

"I guess..." he said slowly. "Because i have to learn to move on... i don't need him back because if i were to change everything... nothing would be what it's like now... and i like Big Hero 6 and who knows what would have happened otherwise? Callaghan may manage to escape even from jail and his plan would still have been put into effect... Big Hero 6 would never be able to save them and people would get killed... i dunno...i just... knew it was the wrong thing to do."

"You have no idea how many times i have seen San Fransokyo change because of the way people think... there was a time when someone supposedly saved a million lives." i explained.

"Wow...what happened afterwards?" Hiro asked.

"Well...they forgot that another event happened because of that one so the whole world eventually turned into a zombie apocalypse..." i said

"What would have happened if i had saved Tadashi?" Hiro asked.

"Well, Tadashi would live... only to die after being sucked up into the portal and it exploding." i said bitterly.

"So there really is no way to change fate huh?" Hiro sighed. i stared out his bedroom window.

"In the end- no...not really...everything will happen, one way or another..." i muttered. "All it really is, is-" Hiro cut me off.

"A past that has come back..."