Chapter 27 : A Forlorn Hope

Bắt đầu từ đầu

" Fine, then I'll come with you too. I'm already getting bored." She said excitedly.

" Are you serious? Tomorrow is your wedding and so many guests are here and you want to go out. Like Zaara why do you always need to prove how retarded you are." I stick my tongue out at her and she frowned at me giving me the best of her deathly glares.

" Just say that you don't want to take me." As always, adopting her emotional blackmail method, she replied innocently and I laughed at the dramaqueen that she was.

" Oh how smart you are. Yes, that's the reason." She widened her eyes at me and I laughed as I left the room.

As I reached downstairs, I saw Fatty appi was already there with that one person I wanted to avoid.

I greeted everyone there and sat beside mum while everyone talked about everything that I didn't pay attention to because my mind was already preoccupied with the endless sea of thoughts.

Though no matter how much I wanted to ignore his presence but all my efforts went in vain and I couldn't help myself from smiling when I looked how he held Inaya, who was standing with his help and snatching the car keys from him and he would play with her as he waved the keys infront of her and she would snatch it and he would repeat it and the little girl found it like the most enjoyable thing and when at last he did not give her the keys, she got angry at him and started crying her lungs out and he immediately surrendered the keys and she played with her weird toy.

The sight was so adorable for me or for anyone to ignore. He would look at her and smile and I looked at my broken dream.

Normally, I would have lowered my gaze at these situations but now I felt so helpless that I shamelessly kept looking at him and swolled hard the lump that had formed in my throat when he looked at me and smiled, bringing me back to my senses and I immediately looked the other way, Oh how I wish I had one.

" Hamzaaaaaaaa.." The tiny tot Yusuf came running as he saw his buddy. Till now he was sitting in one corner since morning angry that why did mom give breakfast to his brother Hussain before him and as he saw him, he got so happy.

" Where were you? I was waiting to meet you!" Hamza said as he played with yusuf's hair.

" Take me from here hamza, these people are not good." Yusuf angrily replied attracting everyone's attention.

" But why?"

" Mumma loves Hushain mole, aapi teases me and my wife doesn't play with me. They all are bad." He counted on his fingers all the complaints he had from everyone.

Urrrgggghhh!!! Hide me somewhere!

" Your wife ??." He was amazed to hear this and everyone laughed. Ya Allah I'm dead.

" Aizpi is my wife." Yusuf said pointing towards me and everyone around laughed at what the little called me.

" Since how long has all this been happening Aiz?" He asked in between his laughter.

I laughed at it, because I had no words to talk to him, how wrong was I to think that I'm strong enough to stand whatever comes my way.

Aiz. That is what he called me during our good old days.

" I see your little hubby just left you speechless Aiza!" Fatty appi laughed with all the others.

" Jealous much appi? My little champ can leave everyone speechless!" Finally gathering a lot of courage, I replied, making my little husband sit on my lap.

" I'm happily married alhumdulilah, it's my bubble factory who should be jealous of you." She replied wiping Inaya's face with a tissue who was busy making bubbles with her mouth and we laughed at appi's choice of words. " And did I just tell Inu spoke her first word, mama." The excitement and happiness was written all over her face.