Chapter 12 : All Was Same, Just Not Him

"Allah surely loves those who are the Sabireen (patient)." (3:146)

So be patient
Verily, the promise of Allah is true.
-[Qur'an]

Chapter 12:

All Was Same, Just Not Him

Zaara's POV

"You are lucky, isn't it Azlaan?"

I looked up to her and I was taken aback. Azlaan? It can't be happening.

I was shocked. It felt as if everything was over. How could it be? I like Arhaan and I'm getting married to his own elder brother? No it can't be. Why didn't I ask mum about it? Why did I feel so sure about Arhaan that Azlaan never came in my mind. I should have thought about this earlier, he is the elder son of the family, it had to be him. I couldn't even realize what was happening with me. I looked up at Aiza and she seemed equally shocked. My hands trembling with fear, an unknown fear which I never had before. Maybe the fear of the future which haunted me now. I couldn't understand what was happening with me. The pain was so much that the tears froze. I felt numb.

"Excuse me." Without even realizing, these words came out of me and before anyone could say anything, I rushed upstairs to my room. I could hear mum and dad stopping me but I kept on moving at a fast pace as if something chased me and I had to save myself. I closed the door behind and cried. No one could ever realize the emotions I was going through. The unfathomable sea of emotions could not be described in mere words. I already had my wudhu and fell down in prostation. I cried my heart out. I could hear mum banging on the door and asking me to open it but I did not have enough courage in me to face her. I've let her down. She must be hurt. I should have clarified everything earlier. I raised my hands in prayer and asked the Almighty to forgive my sins. I know His plans for life are even better than our own plans, they might be totally different from ours, but they are always perfect! If things in life aren't working out according to our will, it may be because Allah SWT is trying to redirect us towards a much better plan. I know I should have the patience to wait on His timing instead of forcing my own. I couldn't complain anything to my Creator for He is the best of planners. He knows things we haven't even thought about. I prayed to him to give me the strength of everything. I asked Him for the best.

My mum was asking me to open the door. I know she must be very angry with what I did and she had a reason to be angry.

I folded the prayer mat and opened the door. My eyes were all red and swollen from crying. My mom and dad were waiting for me with worried expressions on their faces. They have a lot of emotions hidden but I was helpless.

"Beta, what happened? Why did you act that way? If you were not ready or happy with this relation, you should have told me earlier, your happiness is all that matters to me and your dad. " My mum spoke in a tender tone. I know she must be hurt but she tried to be strong.

"Zaara, we will not rush things, you take your time. We will be with you no matter what ever your decision is." Dad said and kissed my forehead. I just couldn't believe it. I hurt them so much and they were being so calm. I shouldn't have done this. Their happiness is my happiness.

"Mum, dad I'm really sorry. I did not intend to hurt you or anyone. I just don't know I mean I had no that idea it was Az.." I couldn't say anything after this.

"But Zaara I did tell you Khadija was coming for her son and you were fine with it."

"Khala, can we just talk for two minutes?" Aiza interrupted.