Chapter 13 : Tête-à-tête with 'him'

"Great reward comes with great trials. When Allah loves people , He tests them, and whoever accepts it attains His pleasure, whereas whoever shows discontent with it incurs His wrath."
Al-Tirmidhi (2396)

"...If you are suffering (hardships) then surely, they (too) are suffering (hardships) as you are suffering, but you have a hope from Allah (for the reward) that for which they hope not; and Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise"
-Quran (Surah An-Nisa:104).

Aiza's POV

Eagerly waiting for what future has in store.
The thought is interesting but at times gives shivers down the spine.
What if is it doesn't go according to the way I want it to be?
What if my dreams don't turn into reality?
What if I'm broken?
I completely have trust in my Creator.
He won't ever let me down,
He would give me more than I want.
But I fear coz I don't have the courage to face the pain all over again.
I've become impatient.
I've become desperate.
I know He has set the perfect timing,
but I can't wait to smile genuinely.
I can't wait to talk my heart out 'that' one person.
I can't wait to tell him my silly stories and he listens as eagerly as I want him to.
I can't wait for him anymore.

Sunday mornings are always so relaxing. After having breakfast I checked the photos that were clicked on Zaara's engagement. It has been more than fifteen days since they got engaged and they are extremely happy of the big change that has happened in their lives.

After Zaara got engaged, my mom is not leaving a chance to influence me. Earlier she was fine with my decision, but now she wants me to reconsider. I don't want to get married before I complete my studies but I can't wait for this happiness in my life either. I'm confused. Firstly, I want to complete my studies and my mum doesn't accept this as a genuine reason for she says I can continue with my education after the marriage too. Secondly because my heart isn't ready to accept anyone but him. He is that dream which I want to turn into reality. I was never in a habit of making castles in the air but this is an exception. Whatever I do, his thoughts linger in my mind making me more depressed. Even though I know this feeling is just a one sided affair, I can't move on and neither I want to step into another chapter of my life leaving the most important one incomplete. 

Maybe I'm stubborn or I'm not able to accept the reality, whatever be, falling for him was the most beautiful feeling that I've ever had. The unknown smile that makes it's way on my lips when I see him, tells my story and I want to have a happy ending of this incomplete fairytale of my dreams.

While I was lost in my thoughts, mum got a call from Sadia aunty (Hamza's mother). Mum congratulated her and I knew Fatima appi's angel has finally stepped into the world. I felt really happy for her. But then a scary thought came in my mind. What if Hamza has found someone for himself and she is inviting us for his engagement? I was scared like never before. My heart ached. I couldn't wait to know the reason and because of tension I was moving to and fro near mum. I did not want the latter thought to become a reality. When mum was done talking to Sadia aunty, I jumped on the couch and sat next to her.

"What happened mum? Why did you congratulate her? Hamza got engaged already?" The last part slipped so unwillingly. Zaara is right. Sometimes I get too direct. While I was mentally slapping myself for asking such a thing from mum, she raised her eyebrows at me and crossed her hands and I knew I made a mistake.

"No Hamza did not get engaged. I think no girl wants to marry him. Poor boy." Mum winked at me and went to the kitchen.

Is she teasing me? Does she know that I? But how? I guess like always I'm thinking too far already. She said this randomly.