Chapter 21 : The Blushing Bride-To-Be

This chapter is dedicated to SarahT9898 and StylishReader19889

"Suddenly, quietly, you realize that - from this moment forth - you will no
longer walk through this life alone. Like a new sun this awareness arises
within you, freeing you from fear, opening your life. It is the beginning of
love, and the end of all that came before."

Chapter 21 :

The Blushing Bride To Be

Aiza's POV

After 4 months

" I can't believe it Zaaru, you are getting married in two months. " I hugged the life out of her the moment she entered in my room. Her wedding has been finalised on 15th of April In sha Allah and I just cannot wait for the much awaited day.

" Isn't this happening so soon? " There was a worried expression on her face.

" What do you mean Zaara? You were so excited for this and now when the day is getting closer, you are saying this. Is everything alright? "

" It's just that I.. I'm nervous Aiza. This would be a very big change for me. I fear if I would be able to manage and cope up with it. I think I'm not ready for this yet . What if I don't and.... "

" Oh you keep these boring nervous talks with you. I'm not interested. " I stick my tongue out at her and earned a deathly glare from her.

" You don't understand Aiza " She whispered to herself and looked down, lost in her thoughts.

" I'm sorry Zaaru but you think I don't understand you? Really? You were my first friend. We have been together with all the ups and downs anyone of us has ever faced since childhood. From the memories of ringing the bells in neighbour's house and running away before the door opens so we don't get caught to your falling for Arhaan. We used to dream and talk about getting married and you were the one who always wondered where your future husband would be at the moment and now.. now when you know he is none other than the person you gave your heart to, you still aren't ready? And you are nervous of getting married. How can you forget those days when we both used to do makeup and stand infront of dressing tables getting ready and used to pretend like brides? I bet you haven't forgotten those days. I know things have happened all of a sudden but they happened for good. Don't think about anything that might confuse you because we all know 'he' is the one for you. Masha Allah you both look so perfect together. I can't wait for you to get married soon. Now dare you repeat what you said otherwise you know what I can do. And let me tell you that I'm not only from your side but from  Arhaan's side as well. Get it.

" After giving such a huge lecture about our childhood memories and marriage and all, you said you are from his side? Fine. When your time will come, I will be on Hamza's side. Get it? " She laughed crazily.

" No, you will be on my side not Hamza's okay? Wait what? " And I threw a pillow at her realizing what I said. She laughed crazily and it was my time to give her a deathly glare.  

" What? This is gonna happen soon in sha Allah. You better be prepared. " She winked at me.

" I wish, but we all know this is not possible."    

" And why do you think this is not possible?"

" Because... " 

" Because? " She stared at me and her curiousity to listen to my reasons had reached at the saturation point I guess and I tried hard to stop myself from laughing.

" Zaara this is not possible because there is a lot of difference between me and him. The most important thing, he doesn't like me and you know that my feelings are just one sided.  He is perfect in everything  and most importantly his firm belief in Allah SWT which is worth all the praises. But above all the reason is, he doesn't feel the same way for me like I do for him so this is not possible." I took a deep breath and blinked back the tears that had formed and plastered a fake smile. " I think I have justified myself enough."  

" I'm amazed Aiza. You are the only one who cannot see the affection he has towards you. Everyone knows but you don't or maybe you are too engrossed thinking about all the negative possiblities that would never happen In sha Allah that you don't want to realize that he feels the same as you. Maybe you don't realize it now but I'm sure there would be a day you will admit it too and I'm sure that day isn't too far. "  

" Ameen. We are so lost in our emotional talks that we almost forgot that we have to go for shoppingggggg... " I pretended to be very excited because I did not want this special days of her life to be spoilt because of my saga of sorrow.   

___________

Khadija aunty had already reached with Asma bhabhi and Areeba. She wants Zaara to choose the wedding dress herself. After the long typical desi meeting session, we headed towards the store that had gorgeous ghararas. I was enjoying Zaara's present situation to the fullest. She was very nervous for God knows what and maybe the way Areeba constantly looked at her and grinned made her more nervous. She is a naughty girl and loves to tease so much or rather I should say Areeba is the female version of Ali. They two are so alike. Both of them love to do leg pulling. I'm sure when there time will come, everyone will be all charged up and no one would spare a chance to tease them.  

" How is this one, beta? " Khadija aunty asked Zaara pointing towards a beautiful red and cream gharara with heavy work on it.    

" But ammi, the one we chose for the reception has almost the same sort of work on it too. " Asma bhabhi said to Khadija aunty and Zaara looked at me and narrowed her eyes.

" Help me." She whispered to me and I laughed more at her condition. She was acting so formally in front of her future mother-in-law.

" I never thought you are so sensible. Had Khadija aunty not been here, you would have been shouting and roaming around like crazy. " I giggled.

" Yes yes, you make fun of me. " She pouted.

It's been almost an hour but the dress has not been finalised yet. Khadija aunty wants her daughter in law to wear the most beautiful dress on the wedding. Masha Allah Zaara is very lucky. I know she would be treated as a daughter in her new family.  

" Mumma, what about that one? " Areeba said pointing towards a red gharara with not so much work on it. The border was green and it was very beautiful and elegant at the same time.  

" Wow masha Allah this looks so beautiful. Isn't it?" Khadija aunty asked us and all of us nodded as it was very pretty but more because we all were tired by now.  

" So I'm finalizing this one. Zaara, do you like it beta? "  Khadija aunty asked Zaara examining the dress once more, maybe the hundredth time.

" Yes aunty, Masha Allah it's very beautiful."
Zaara smiled

" Arhaan bhai will fall for you all over again when he will see you wearing this." Areeba giggled and Khadija aunty glared at her. Zaara was all pink by now and she was looking down, trying to hide her blush.  

__________

After we were done with the shopping, all of us ate lunch at a nearby restuarant. It was much needed after getting so tired. When we came out of the restuarant, to my surprise, Arhaan was there. He was standing beside the car, busy with his phone. I looked at Zaara who hadn't noticed him yet as she was talking to Khadija aunty. Areeba giggled and Asma bhabhi winked at me.  

" Zaara, won't you show the dress to Arhaan who has come all the way to ....  you know. " Asma bhabhi said that a bit loud so that both of them listen and she giggled.

Zaara immediately looked in front and saw Arhaan who was now already looking at her. They both looked down immediately their eyes met and everyone around giggled.   

" Assalam Alaikum Arhaan. Why have you come? " Asma bhabhi winked at Zaara who was looking everywhere but him.

" I was getting back home, so I thought I.. "

" You thought Zaara will also be there and you wouldn't want to miss the opportunity. " Everyone around laughed except the two.     

" I'm getting late." He found this excuse the best to escape from this awkwardness.

" You aren't good at lying bhai." Areeba looked at him innocently and she pouted and all of us were enjoying their awkwardness.

We greeted everyone and headed towards our car and left for home.

____________

[NOT EDITED]

How was the chapter??
Do give your suggestions if you feel we need to change something! :)
Hope you liked it.

VOTE  AND  COMMENT!!!! ;)

Xoxo!! ♡♡♡

- Ayesha & Zainab ! :)