Chapter 27 : A Forlorn Hope

The second part of Story Of Us, 'Threads That Bind' has been updated. It is on zainab_alvi 's profile! :)

"When Musa was 'trapped' at the Red Sea, his eyes weren't on the sea. His eyes were on God. "God is with me and He will carry be through"(26:62)"
- Yasmin Mogahed

Chapter 27 :

A Forlorn Hope

Aiza's POV

I wish I had never heard the words that you never said,
I wish I had never thought of the days maybe never to come.
& how I wish I was strong enough to stop you from ruling over my mind, my heart & my shallow self.
Yet I can never put the blame on you
'Coz it was me who made you mine in my world of dreams
But I should have known,
Some dreams do not have a destination.

All that I've always wished for was nothing unknown, nothing strange and no different, just another dream that all live, but me.

It was all my fault that I expected so much that I forgot the reality, the reality of life, where all that we dream doesn't always come alive

I should have known that life is not a bed of roses, it has thorns that may leave the wounds unhealed, leaving behind the deep scars maybe forever.

I should have known that not always we get what we want, sometimes we have to give up on our happiness because it's not meant to be ours and the sooner we accept it, the easier would be this journey of life.

But then now I know, whatever happens, happens for a reason, though unknown but we have to accept it because no one can change what has been written on the pages of life, except the one that has written them and when he sees the efforts we make through our endless prayers, He happily gives us what we deserve.

And now that life has made me realize that not all that I want will be mine, it has taught me to be strong, strong enough to let things go and not cry over for days like I have been doing till now.

I have learnt not to expect, for when things turn out to be the other way round, they don't leave me broken the way they have been affecting.

As I look at Zaara, who was busy drying her hair and a slight smile on her face that was all the time there since past many days, I uttered so many masha Allah's to myself realizing how she is so different than what she used to be. She was never good at expressing how happy she was and often people couldn't make that out either, but this time everything was crystal clear and while I was happy for the phase in her life, I thought how different my life is than hers this instance.

My thoughts were broken as the phone rang and I saw Fatima appi's number. I went outside the room so that Zaara doesn't hear about the surprise we had planned for her.

" Aiza, get ready fast. We would be there in 10 mintues." As I answered the call, she spoke in a hurry.

I quickly changed into presentable clothes and as I headed towards the door, hoping zaara wouldn't notice but how can I forget the curious cat she is.

" Where are you going now?" She asked with her curiousity at the peak.

" Umm. Fatima appi has to pick up the clothes she gave for altering so she asked me to accompany her." I asked thinking of more excuses.

" So why do you have to go? How can you be so cruel, can't you see I'm alone here and I'm not letting you go get it?" She said folding her hands over her chest, making a puppy face.

" Zaara I'd be back soon. You know Inu won't let Fatty appi do anything, so I'll look after her too." As I said I rolled my eyes at my answer thinking if that was a lame one.