Chapter28-Riley O' Riley

Riley's pov.

"Pull." I said, checking the ball and retrieving it back before heading down the court, where my other teammates was already blocking for me.

"Not today baby boy." Ronnie said, getting in front of me, holding his hands high over his head ready to block  my shot.

I underhand passed the ball to Jacob, a new Irish dude on my team, before crossing my way closer to the net as He went for the shot.

"Swish!" I said out loud, dapping him up as we ran back down to the opposite court on defense.

"So what's up, you wanna play like that." I said, now checking Ronnie. He was waiting for the ball to be passed to him but the way I was blocking him, he couldn't get a moment away from me.

"Pass me the ball!" Ronnie barked as I continued to block his every attempt to get open.

"Man, you not open." One of his players called out as they went in for a layup.

"And-1." They chanted as the ball went in.

Trey, one of Ronnie little bitch boys, went for the free throw, rebounding it off of the back board. My team got the ball and immediately passed it to me.

"Let's go Riley, it's the winning point!" I heard one of them yelled as I caught the ball.

"You got it!" Another one shouted.

"It's not happening!" Ronnie called out.

Here I was now, sprinting full speed down the court feeling my heart race as I heard both teams closely behind me.

I stopped at the three point line and took a quick crouching stance before throwing the ball forcefully at the net. Swish! It went it with ease, ending the intense game that had just went down.

Coach Mike walked towards us with a straight face, taking his glasses off as he approached us. He didn't look happy at all and by the tension in the room, it seemed like it was bout to get real. Everyone looked at him in silence, waiting for him to speak. We had obviously let that game go to our heads.

He cleared his throat. "If a stranger had walk into those doors during that game, they would think that you guys were sworn enemies. That's exactly what I like about you boys; you guys play hard no matter if it's just practice or the finals. Keep up the good work. Same time tomorrow." He smiled, dropping his hand on my shoulder before walking away.

As everyone headed to the showers, I took a ball and started playing around with my shooting. I was always the first one in the gym and usually the last one to leave.

"Hey big head!" I heard, turning to see a brown skin chick standing in the doorway of the gym.

"What up." I answered, directing my attention back on dribbling the ball. "I know you?" I asked.

"I'm Jade, we like spoke a few times before but not exactly. You're Riley right? I'm on the cheer team with your friend Jasmine." She explained.

"Oh." I nodded. "Word, that's crazy." I told her.

"You had a really good game last week, and I know you're not worried at all for this week's game either. Everyone's counting on you." She said.