Chapter13- The Thief

Riley's Pov.

I was sitting in science class, waiting for the teacher began class. Two girls , sitting in the front was being ratchet as hell talking about Camryn throwing up at the party.

"I knew that bitch had something wrong with her." The one in the pink polo said.

"Yeah like, I didn't really think it was true but it is. I saw her myself, and she was a mess." A familiar looking one said, going through her purse.

"Bitch, you should've put her on snap." The girl said back, slapping her hand as they laughed together.

"Are you girls done now?" The teacher asked sarcastically.

"It's all you Mr.B." One of them said.

I looked hard at the familiar looking girl, trying to remember where I knew her from.

"Hey." I heard, seeing Jasmine as she sat in the seat next to me.

I smiled at her. She looked good, and by good I meant different. She was dressed in a oversized hoodie, blue jeans and a pair of Timbs. I was liking her new sense of style, rather than the crop tops and short skirts that she normally wore.

"Wussup beautiful?" I said looking at her.

She rolled her eyes smiling. "What I miss?" She asked taking out her papers.

"We just doing the problems on the board, you can copy mine." I offered.

She shook her head. "I got this." She laughed as she copied the problems down.

I waited for her to finish before I spoke again.

"You know them girls?" I asked, pointing towards the ones in the front.

She instantly made a stank face. "Kayla and Monique." She said looking back at me. "Why?" She asked me.

I shrugged. "One of them look familiar but I just can't put my finger on it." I said to her.

"Maybe Kayla, you probably seen her next door at Camryn's house, she's apart of their clique." She said looking back at her work.

That's where I knew her from. She was one of the girls from the party with Cam. She was supposed to be her friend but I clearly heard her talking shit about her. She was probably even the one who told everybody.

I looked at her, shaking my head.

"Why you so concerned?" Jasmine asked.

I shook my head. "I gotta talk to Cam." I said to her honestly.

She looked mad but she played it off. "Oh." She said, picking back up her pen.

She didn't speak for the rest of the class.

*

Later that day, as I paced back in forth in my room, I thought of what to say to Cam.

I wanted to warn her about her friend and also tell her how I really felt about her. I was tired of going throughout the day having her on my mind, only to get get rejected.

Flashes of her face, the moment her friends walked into that kitchen, popped in my head. She didn't want me nowhere near her. It was like she was a whole different person with them.

Getting frustrated, I did the only thing I knew for sure would calm me. I grabbed my basketball, through on my shorts and headed outside.

It was dark as hell outside, looking like it was gonna rain soon but I ain't even care. I carelessly threw the ball at the net, missing every shot.