Chapter11-Wanted

Riley's Pov.

It was the Monday after the party and I was right back in school. Yeah my eye was still swollen and my lip was still busted but that ain't stop me from showing up.

I was in class, pulling out my work when a bad joint in front of me, Diamond, turned around. She was a dark skinned girl with long blonde hair, blue contacts and a fat ass.

"Hey Riley, did you copy the notes from Friday? I wasn't here." She asked me.

I looked through my folder before finding the paper. "Don't lose them." I said before giving it to her.

She sat it on her desk before turning back to face me. "How you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm good." I said smiling, surprised that she would even ask that.

She nodded. "You looked good, you know, at the party. I like the New York style you got going on. It's different and honestly, a lot of people been talking about you." She said to me.

I took the compliment. "Thank you." I told her.

I was noticing the attention from the ladies that morning. Even with my face all bruised up, they was throwing themselves at me.

After the class bell rang, she turned back to face me.

"Thank you so much, I really needed those." She said to me.

"No problem at all." I told her.

She smiled buying her lip. "I don't really like Jasmine, but that was really sweet of you to defend her at the party. That video could've done a lot of damage." She said to me.

So that's why everybody was on me.

After class I headed down one of the side halls to see Cam standing at her locker, like always. I loved seeing her, even though I couldn't find enough courage to speak to her again.

Jasmine started meeting me at all of my classes, even when I would tell her not to. She was getting a little too clingy and we wasn't even smashing. I would've been cut her loose, but I was one of her only friends, and I knew how much that meant to her. She needed a friend.

"So I just went and bought our tickets." Jasmine said as we walked to class.

"What tickets?" I laughed looking at her.

"To the Halloween Jam." She said as if I was supposed to know.

I started laughing. "Yo you be bugging, I told you I ain't wanna go." I said.

She shrugged smiling. "Well, now you have to." She said.

I shook my head, running my fingers through my hair as I walked into the class. My seat was in the near back and of course Jasmine's was right next to mine.

"So we're going right?" She asked me after a while.

"I guess I have no choice." I said.

She frowned. "Don't make me feel like I'm forcing you to go Riley because I can easily go alone if it's a problem." She said, complaining.

"Nah, I'ma take you. You deserve to be showed off." I told her.

I got in a habit of always complimenting her. She seemed like she been through a rough life and although she wasn't my girl, I was forming a bond with her. I was starting to care about her.

She was smiling hard as hell until she looked down, immediately frowning.

"What Diamond was that?" She asked looking back up at me.

I looked down to see:

Diamond-7456687

"Shit I don't even know her last name and I damn sure ain't see that." I said to her.

She took a pencil and scribbled it out before leaning back into her seat.

When I looked at her, I could only think of one thing.

Did I forget to mention she was crazy.

*

The craziness didn't stop that day. I was riding the bus, on my way home from school when a random white chick sat beside me.

I didn't even care that she chose to sit right under me when it was many empty seats around us but I did get kinda pissed when she pulled my headphone out to get my attention.

"Did you not hear me?" She asked, looking at me.

I took out the other one before speaking. "Nah, what you say?" I asked her.

She was a pretty girl, long red hair and a few tats. She had dimples too, which was sexy as hell on her.

"You're Riley right?" She asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah, and you are?" I asked.

She took a deep breath. "Your date to the Halloween Jam; hopefully." She said before smiling.

I smiled as I scratched my head. I really wasn't trying to go to that shit.

"I can't even do that, I already-

"I don't care if you have a date, you'll have more fun with me." She said bluntly.

"I can't, I'm taking Jasmine." I told the girl.

She made a straight face at me before standing. "Try not to catch something." She said before moving back to her seat.

Every since the party, I noticed lot of girls approaching me. They loved the fact that I defended Jas and stopped the video from being shown. I liked the attention, but it wasn't from who I wanted, so it didn't matter.

My mind was still set on Camryn.