Chapter20-Win Some Lose Some

Camryn's Pov:

Not only was I hurt, but I was shocked too. I really thought Riley was different.

I couldn't believe he had let me go just to keep her happy.

I wiped another tear, catching it before anyone saw. I was so ready to leave that party.

"Hey, I seen you- what's wrong?" Kayla asked, approaching me.

She wasn't who I was expecting. I wiped my eyes a little more before smiling. "Oh nothing, i was just-

"Crying? What's been up with you lately and why didn't you tell nobody about your new boo?" She asked, cutting me off.

"It's been a lot going on." I said.

"Like what? You don't tell your friends anything anymore. I hear more about you from strangers than I do from you." She complained.

"Well if you wanted to know something about me, you could've just asked. Don't go by what you hear." I said, getting annoyed with her.

"Okay, then tell me, what's up with you and this new boy? Since when do date just anybody?" She asked, with a look of disgust.

I shrugged. "Bitch it don't even matter now." I told her, expecting her to comfort me.

She raised her eyebrows. "Is that why you're crying? Girl did he dump you for Jasmine? I mean, they do look cute together, you know like their costumes." She said.

I felt my heart drop. What type of friend would say something like that?

"You know what Kayla, bitch you just live for drama and right now, I'm not in mood." I said, shaking my head at her.

She crossed her arms. "Don't take your anger towards them out on me. I was just checking on yo ass." She said with an attitude.

"Bitch that's not how you check on your friend. It sound like you just tryna get information and a reaction out of me." I said, seriously.

"So you gone come at one of your friends over some dude that you don't even know! He with another bitch, is you mad?" She asked, half shouting.

"Bitch, I'm done with you." I said, motioning her to go away.

She snatched her head back. "And? Who begging to friends with you Camryn? Not I." She said.

I nodded. "That's fine." I shrugged, faking a smile.

She looked shocked before rolling her eyes. "Do what you gotta do Cam." She shrugged before flipping her hair as she walked past me.

I closed my eyes, trying to keep calm. Kayla wasn't a real bitch and I was starting to see that shit.

I grabbed the bottom of my dress before moving through the crowd. I was just ready to go home.

As I made it near the exit, I felt a hand grab my arm. Kayla couldn't have been that stupid. I balled my hand into a fist, before snatching it back into a fighting position as I turned around to make eye contact with Jasmine.

"Where is you going?" She asked me.

"Bitch, you almost got hit." I said, shaking my head.