Part Twenty Three

It's been a year, since Lucy's death.

The guild started acting like the usual, six months ago.

However, nine individuals never got the chance to act like the usual ever since.

Mirajane and Levy broke down crying when they found out.

Juvia sobbed, seeking Gray's comfort.

Gray's face was blank.

Erza was speechless when Natsu told him what happened.

Charles comforted Wendy, though she herself couldn't accept the news.

Wendy never stopped crying and she felt guilty for not being able to help, right away.

Happy was mourning to death, even in his sleep he couldn't accept the fact that Lucy was gone.

Natsu...

Once again...

Lost his smile.

He rarely shows up in the guild, due to his guilt, and would only grab a mission or two, then walk away.

But, no one ever blamed him for what happened.

They know that he's suffering enough.

The only thing that he was guilty of, through their eyes, was the fact that he hid that he was END.

But, they forgave him for that.

Her grave was placed on her favorite place.

The place she once viewed the entire Magnolia, with distant look on her eyes.

The place where Natsu almost confessed.

Natsu and Happy sat near a gravestone that has the name of his beloved.

It was the anniversary of her death.

"Hey, Lucy..." He started off with Happy bawling his eyes out by his side.

"Happy and I went on a mission, yesterday." He continued, playing with the flowers he offered on her grave.

"It didn't even take long for us to travel by foot to Halcion." He stated, letting her know what he's been up to.

He never failed to pass her grave from time to time.

"I'm fed up with trains." Natsu grumbled and Happy, slowly, started laughing.

"If you could only see his face when we argued whether to take the train or not!" Happy chimed, laughing merrily.

"He threatened me, Lu-shee!" Happy faked a cry and Natsu creased his eyebrows in annoyance.

"I did not! Stop feeding Lucy with lies!" Natsu argued but Happy snickered.

"Yes, you did! You said you won't be my friend, anymore! And, you won't fetch me fish for a month!" Happy reasoned and Natsu glared at him, then he realized that he really did and he looked at the other direction.

"I did not! I don't remember that ever happening..." Natsu grumbled and Happy smiled in triumph.

"You do remember!" Happy snickered and Natsu sighed in defeat.

"Whatever." Natsu rolled his eyes.

"So, anyway, I met with that guy... What's his face?" Natsu asked Happy and Happy thought for a second.

"Oh. It was Shinjiro." Happy exclaimed and Natsu nodded.

"Yeah. That's the name. Well... I met with him and punch him in the face." Natsu growled and Happy flinched, looking at the ground.