Part Twenty One

Team Natsu headed towards Bosco for their current mission.

To obtain three sacred items.

They were sailing towards Bosco using a small boat.

"G-Get me off of this... t-thing..." Natsu barfed and Lucy bore circles at his back to calm him down.

"We're almost there." Erza reassured, finally seeing the land after a few hours.

When they were slowly reaching the dock, they were surprised to see a man, around Erza's age, waving at them.

"Lu-pi!" A muscular, brown haired man with the same honey brown eyes Lucy has, called out.

"Shinjiro-kun!" Lucy shouted back with glee and excitement.

"Lu-pi...?" Erza raised an eyebrow.

Natsu's ears automatically perked up.

He tried to muster all his strength to look at the guy by the docks though, ultimately, he failed.

He, instead, focuses his eyes on the gleeful lady on the edge of boat, displaying a glorious smile.

"Ya know him, Lucy?" Gray asked curiously and Lucy smiled, nodding.

"I do. He's trustworthy and he's been a travel companion of mine for a good two years and a half. We've been together on missions, for the most part. We'd meet-up at least once or twice a year, after parting in Malva City." Lucy explained excitingly.

When they finally reached the dock, they were surprised to see the man boarding the ship they were in, then tackled Lucy for a hug.

"Lu-pi! I missed you!" Shinjiro cried and Lucy laughed wholeheartedly.

"Nice to see you again, Shinjiro-kun. Sorry that I wasn't able to make it to our meeting place last year, I was extremely busy." Lucy apologized and Shinjiro lets go of her, pouting.

"That's right. And, there I was waiting for you to show u-" Shinjiro tried to banter but was rudely interrupted by a newly revived Natsu.

"Lucy? Who's this overly suspicious guy?" Natsu eyed Shinjiro in irritation.

"Weren't you listening to her, a while ago?" Happy sweatdropped.

Lucy sighed and explained who Shinjiro is, again, then introduced him to the others right after a detailed explanation on how they met, that Natsu demanded from her.

"It seems that you two have a lot to catch-up on..." Erza teased while Natsu clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"So, let's rest for today and find the artifacts tomorrow morning." Erza continued, finalizing the agenda for the day.

"Lu-pi! Let me show you a wonderful restaurant I came to pass this morning!" Shinjiro exclaimed excitingly and Lucy giggled.

"Sure." She nodded and walked along Shinjiro.

When she reached five steps away from the group, someone already stopped her from her walk by gently grabbing her hand.

"Hey, Lucy... Uh... Can I come? I'm kinda hungry." Natsu asked, lightly scratching his head in embarrassment, and she laughed.

"You always are. Of course you could come." She smiled and Happy flew over a blushing Natsu.

"Can I come too?" Happy interjected and Lucy nodded, smiling.

The four started walking towards the restaurant's direction.

Natsu noticed Lucy and the other guy engaged in a conversation that clearly annoyed the hell out of him.