The Betrayal

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

Redpaw's eyes slowly opened. He felt empty and exhausted. Staring up at the white ceiling, his eyes darted around. "Rocky?" he whined. He didn't know where he was or who had brought him there. Then, he remembered his dream. What does it mean?

He noticed the sterile scent in the air, the cleanliness of the room. He looked down at his paws, seeing he was glowing. He also saw the IV's strapped to his fur. Panicking, he bit down on the tape, ripping them out. His fur ripped, forcing him to howl loudly in pain.

Three men burst into his room. "He's awake?" one said.

"He shouldn't be, not for a couple of hours!" another said. "Redpaw, you're safe here."

"Who are you?!" Redpaw barked. "Where am I? Where's my family?!"

"Please, calm down."

"Let us explain!"

"What did you do to them?!" When they didn't respond, Redpaw let out a fearsome growl, one that made them all back away in fear. He jumped down from the bed and ran off into the hall.

"Contact Artie and shutdown the lab!" one said.

Redpaw continued running around the halls, sniffing the air and barking wildly. "Ryder! Ryder, pups, where are you?"

~~~

Ryder stared angrily at his uncle. "Where is he?" he demanded.

"We'll find him," Artie assured him. "Have you locked everything down?"

"Yes sir. No one can get in or out."

"He couldn't have gotten far. Search the halls, the vents, anywhere a small pup could hide."

"PAW Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder yelled, running back down the hall. Artie gulped, following his nephew. "All pups not severely injured meet me in the cafeteria!"

~~~

"Alright, pups," Ryder said. Sitting in front of him were Rubble, Marshall and Skye. Zuma was with Rocky so the pup wouldn't be alone. Chase insisted on being there, so he sat on Ryder's lap, still chewing on his bandages. Ryder tapped his head as a warning and Chase looked up sheepishly. "We need to find Redpaw before he gets himself into trouble."

"Ryder," Artie said. "This isn't really necessary. A majority of your pups are injured." He looked at the pups. "Wouldn't you rather rest?"

"We won't rest until Redpaw is found!" Chase barked. He struggled to stand on Ryder's lap, wincing a bit. "No job is too big, no pup is too small!"

"That's my line," Ryder smirked. Chase chuckled nervously. "But you're right. No one knows Redpaw better than we do. Chase, I'm going to take you to his room to sniff out his scent. The rest of you, spread out. He could be anywhere."

Artie raised a finger as if to say something, but it was too late. The pups had already rushed off in search of the small wolf. He grabbed his walkie and walked into the hall, away from the others. "You find that pup and bring him back before they find out what we're really doing."

"We're searching everywhere. There's no sign of him."

"Well find him! We can't risk exposing the truth!" He turned back, walking into the cafeteria with a smile on his face. "Shall we go find your pup?"

"Lead the way," Ryder said.

~~~

As Chase smelled the air, he easily picked up Redpaw's scent. "He panicked. I can sense the anxiousness in the air."