The Clues (Part Two)

Redpaw regained consciousness and began barking wildly. "Alex! The cabin! Jake's Mountain!" He jumped down from Ryder's bed and ran down the stairs. He could here the big screen in the command room. Apollo the Super Pup was on. Skye was asleep on a bean bag while Chase and were wrestling quietly.

Rocky had bit down on Chase's ear when he noticed Redpaw. "Phey, Redphaw," he mumbled. Chase pushed him off and proceeded to tackle him.

"Where's Alex?" Redpaw said frantically. "Is he okay?"

Chase had sat on Rocky's stomach, smirking at the struggling pup. "Relax, pup. He's at home with Mr. Por-" Rocky managed to get the upper hand, flipping them over. They were now intertwined, paws in each others faces. "-ter," he mumbled.

"Oh," Redpaw breathed, sitting on his haunches. "How'd you guys do it?"

Rocky accidentally kicked Chase in the head, causing him to yelp. "Sorry, buddy!" Rocky said. He sat up, a sheepish look on his face. Chase rubbed his muzzle, but then began laughing. Rocky too giggled, and looked over at Redpaw. "Right, right. Chase, you wanna go first, or should I?"

Chase regained his composure almost immediately. "Ahem, yeah, sure."

FLASHBACK

Skye and Everest had stayed behind, watching Mr. Porter and Redpaw, while Chase and Rocky sped up Jake's Mountain. "So Redpaw thinks it's Alex's dad?"

"Doesn't matter," Chase growled. "You don't just kidnap someone. Sirens on!" He flipped the switch of his rig, red and blue lights flashing. Rocky did the same, following behind him.

Up on Jake's Mountain, Jake had locked down the area, keeping everyone inside. He knew where the man had taken Alex, for he had watched them. He heard the sirens and ran outside. "Dudes! There at the farthest cabin that way!" He pointed to his right.

"Keep everyone safe," Rocky said.

"Don't come out until we give the okay," Chase ordered. Both pups hopped out of their rigs, running towards the cabin. "Rocky," Chase said once they had reached it. Both were shivering a bit from the snow, but they didn't seem too bothered. "This guy could be dangerous. We don't know what he wants or if he's armed."

"He's got Alex. We can't take any chances. I say we peek through the window."

"Good idea. Stand on my back." They approached the cabin quietly. Chase knelt down so Rocky could hop on top of him. Luckily for him, the mixed-breed was lighter than he thought.

Rocky peered through the window. "I see Alex," he whispered. In the far corner to his right, Alex was tied up, shaking in fear. "Should I get his attention?"

"No, he'll only get excited. Do you see the man?"

Scanning the room, he shook his head. "No, no sign. Wait..." A flash lit the room.

"What was that?"

"I think he's taking pictures?"

"Sick man..." Chase growled. "We've got to get Alex out of there."

"How do we get inside?"

Chase thought for a moment. If we bust the door down, he could hurt Alex. If he sneak in, there's a chance we can sneak him out. Maybe it's best we take the man down first... "Is the fireplace on?"

"No, why?" Chase smiled. "Oh... I get it..." Hopping down from his back, the two pups went back to their rigs. Chase drove his rig as close as possible to the cabin without making too much noise.