Outside the Millard's Mansion

Sayaad was incredible. She was magical, filled with the mastery of the shadows. When she pointed at him, he was confused, but was bracing himself as well. His throat was shaking, feeling the nervousness encasing his body. And then a beam of energy hit him. He felt this utterly cold feeling embrace his mind, body, and soul. He fell forward, his hands pressing against the ground in front of him. The menavolent feeling of the shadows that tormented his mind began to scream and howl in anguish. His eyes were closed shut and he was grinding his teeth against the pain. His mind was swirling around with disappating shadows that was slowly leaving him.

The laughter was slowing melting away, the figures were disappearing, and soon the pain was leaving him. Skilar felt like this thing was working, whatever Sayaad was doing.

When the beam was gone, she threw the shadows into the skies, and Skilar was left there, clutching the ground. Everything went quiet after a while, and it only took a touch from Sayaad on his shoulders to wake Skilar up from his shaken state. He raised his head once more to see her, and a smiled caressed his face.

I’m okay. Thank you...“ He got up to his feet, dusted his clothes, and took Sayaad’s hand in his own. “I don’t know how I can thank you. You...really saved me back there. That...usually doens’t happen to me, but thank you. If you weren’t here to help, I don’t know what I would end up doing.

He felt like his usual self, and there wasn’t a hint of shadow within his mind at the moment. He knew that it wasn’t over, that she only made the pain go away, but it was better than running around and screaming at things that weren’t there.

Gingerly taking Sayaad’s hand, he gently kissed the top of it. He was unaware that Sayaad might find his action rude or unjust; it’s just that he is so used to doing that to a lot of ladies that helped him. He’s considered a gentleman, even if he goes crazy and runs into the woods.

You’re really something, you know that?“ He said, chuckling now. “Why don’t we...head back inside. You must be tired.

He can’t express his gradtitude, for fear that it might not be enough. He wanted to thank her over and over, but he was afraid that she might grow tired of it. But to have a stranger help another stranger, who can blame him?

Kaa'mina nods in response to the first time she trails on questioningly then lights up hearing Sariah's request. It was such a simple request there was no reason not to be pleased. "Of course I will!" She answers with a chipper tone. She walks towards the young woman, then two steps even further, making an inviting motion with her arm for Sariah to join her deeper along the path she had already been on. "You already found your way to the east wing where most the guest rooms are, but we need to go up to the second floor. There is another staircase down this way." 

Walking past the girl gives Kay a strong sense of her scent. Which she deems very much the scent of a traveler. Her face still nothing but pleasant and happy she waits for Sariah to come along. While walking the vampire maid pulls a large ring full off keys from her pocket. How did the thing not make an ungodly sound in her pocket as she moved. Instead, just like her steps, they are completely silent. She flips to a shiny brass door key and removes it from the ring in preparation. Her voice is less timid and more relaxed now, the sound of her soft countryside english showing through even more."Your room gets its best light in the afternoon, it should have everything you need for a night's stay in the wardrobe and bathroom cabinet, but should you need something else please don't hesitate to ask any of the staff here." 

The head maid would know seeing as she had prepared the room herself earlier. She smiles over at the young woman again with kind eyes, hoping she is helping Sariah be at ease. Her mind is set on leading the way at a comfortable pace for the human as the rest of the overly full keyring is slipped silently into a pocket somewhere in the side of the folds of her skirt. It doesn't even seem to make it hang different. It is a baffling thing this one odd maid does.