"My Protector"

Guinevere sat next to the fireplace in the bedroom she shared with Fenris. She watched the fires dance along the wood, feeding on it to stay ablaze. She jumped when she heard the main door slam and she cautiously moved to the stairwell. She saw Fenris stalk into the room below her and she frowned, leaning over the rail slightly.

"Fenris? Are you alright?"

"No, I'm not alright! I found the bitch Hadriana and killed her! But before that, she claimed that I had a sister! I don't believe a Blighted word of it!" He snapped. She flinched at his tone and frowned more.

"Why not, my love? What if she's right and you do have a sister?" She asked. The lyrium carved into his body burned and glowed brightly the more his rage grew.

"I'll tell you exactly what I told Hawke! Trying to find her would be suicide! There isn't a doubt in my mind that Danarius knows of her and he knows that Hadriana knew! Even if I didfind my sister, who knows what the magisters have done to her!" He growled. Guinevere looked away and fought her tears.

"You're right. I'm sorry..." She muttered and moved back into the room. Fenris's expression softened and he moved swiftly up the stairs to get to her. She assumed her place by the fire, staring into the flames once more. Fenris frowned and moved next to her.

"Guinevere-..."

"Don't apologize, Fenris. It wasn't my place to question you in your anger. I should've realized that and I'm sorry." She told him. Fenris looked down and sighed softly.

"I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'm still a little angry about it, I suppose. I took out my anger on you, undeservedly so." He muttered. He took her hand gently and she looked at him with glittering midnight blue eyes. He always felt a great comfort when he stared into her eyes. He brought her hand to his lips, kissing it gently.

"Amicia ei-l, forgive me..." He muttered. The tender Arcanum phrase made her heart flutter and she blushed, smiling faintly. She leaned forward and kissed his head.

"I always do, Fenris." She muttered affectionately. He gazed upon her gently before kissing her tenderly. She accepted the kiss, her arms wrapping loosely around his shoulders. His hand moved to the small of her back and in one swift movement, they were on their feet and their bodies were pressed close together. Fenris tangled his fingers into her hair as their kiss grew more passionate. He grabbed her crimson tresses and pulled her head back, kissing and nipping at her neck. A soft moan sounded from the back of her throat as his fangs ran gently over the soft flesh of her neck. Before she knew anything else, she was on the bed underneath him, their clothes discarded with only the blankets to cover their nude forms.

Fenris awoke to the harsh sunlight glaring at him from the holes in the roof above his bed.

He groaned and sat up, looking to his side only to see Guinevere was gone. If it wasn't normal for her to disappear like that, he would be having a panic attack. But his ears twitched when he heard the door to the mansion open and close gently and soft footsteps making their way up the stairs. Guinevere peeked in and wasn't surprised to see him awake. She smiled gently and moved towards him, kissing him sweetly.

"Good morning, my love. I hope you're hungry. I brought you breakfast from home. Game hen and fresh bread is acceptable, yes?" She asked. He smiled faintly and shook his head at her.

"You don't need to steal from your home to feed me." He told her. She smiled.

"Oh, I don't steal it. Mother helps me prepare it for you! She says that "she's always happy to help the man who saved her darling Guinevere!"." She giggled. He chuckled and stood, pulling on his armor and sitting with his lover for breakfast.