~Bite One: Abarai Renji*~A new character

“But, Nii-sama!”

“No, Tsurugi. I will not permit you to see him any more.” Byakuya said firmly. Tsurugi frowned.

“But, why!? He did nothing wrong!”

“He was foolish enough to be bitten…Twice, mind you. Now, he is a vampire and I won’t have him near you.” He told her. Tears stung her eyes.

“But, Nii-sama…I love him…”

“I know you do, Tsurugi. But, until he learns to control his new urges, it would be unwise for you to be near him. And I would be devastated if I lost you to how I lost Hisana…” He told her, his tone gentler than before. Tsurugi frowned and looked at the ground. Byakuya kissed her head and shooed her off to her room.

She entered her room and slid the door closed behind her. She sat on her bed and buried her face in her hands, sobbing hysterically. She stopped when she heard her window open and she looked up. Renji stood before her wit a frown and he reached out, wiping her tears away.

“What’s wrong, Tsuru-chan?” He asked. She sniffled.

“Nii-sama…Won’t let me be with you…Not until you can learn to control yourself.” She told him. His chocolate orbs flashed angrily.

“He what!?” He growled. Tsurugi frowned.

“I tried to reason with him…I really did! But he’s too protective of me! I’m sorry, Renji…” She replied. He clenched his fists tightly and snarled.

“That bastard…!” He growled lowly. She frowned more.

“Renji, calm down. Please!”

“No! How dare he take you from me! I’ll kill him!”

“Renji, calm down, you’ll alert Nii-sama!” She pleaded.

She gasped when there was a knock on the door.

“Tsurugi, are you alright?” Byakuya called. Renji’s brown orbs turned a deep red and he hid in he shadows. Byakuya stepped in and saw Tsurugi’s frightened face. He got closer to her and cupped her face.

“Tsurugi, what’s wrong?” He asked worriedly. She whimpered.

“Nii-sama, you have to leave..!” She told him. He furrowed his brows.

“Why?” He asked. He was yanked away and forced to face a very angry Renji. Byakuya’s eyes widened.

“Renji…” He muttered. Renji growled and forced Byakuya’s head back, biting down on his neck. Tsurugi gasped in utter terror.

“Renji, stop! Renji! Renji!!” She yelled. His eyes widened and he dropped Byakuya. The raven haired man clattered to the ground and Tsurugi dropped next to him, holding him close.

“Nii-sama? Nii-sama! Nii-sama, say something!”

“H-He’s still alive…” Renji told her shakily. She looked up at his horrified expression.

“I-I didn’t take enough blood to kill him…” He stated. She glared and ran at him, beating against his chest.

“How could you!? You bastard! I hate you! I hate you…!” She sobbed. He frowned.

“Tsuru-chan, I’m sorry…I-I didn’t mean too…” He muttered. She pulled away from him and tried to stop her brother’s bleeding.

“Leave, Renji…Just go away and leave me alone…” She told him. His eyes widened.

“Tsurugi…”

“Just go!” She yelled. He frowned and disappeared in a blur.

Tsurugi laid in her bed a couple weeks later. Byakuya was doing ok, there was no threat of him becoming a vampire. Renji hadn’t been seen since then, and it broke her heart for saying such things to him.

Renji… She thought sadly. She closed her eyes, a tear escaping her eye. She gasped softly when someone wiped it away and she looked. Renji stood over her with a soft smile.

“Hey, Tsuru-chan…” He whispered. She sat up quickly.

“Renji, I-…” He placed his finger to her lips and smiled.

“I know, Tsurugi…Don’t worry, I don’t blame you…” He told her, taking his finger away. Tears glittered her eyes.

“Oh, Renji, I’m so sorry…!” She whimpered. He smiled gently and leaned down to press his lips to hers. She moaned slightly, missing the feel of his lips against hers. He cupped her face, deepening the kiss.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she fell back on the bed, bringing him with her. He kissed her neck gently and she grew nervous. He felt her pulse quicken and he frowned.

“I’m not going to bite you, I promise…” He cooed. She nodded, trying to calm herself. He kissed and licked her pulsing vein, causing her to shutter in delight. He leaned up and kissed her gently.

“I love you, Tsuru-chan…” He muttered. She smiled.

“I love you, too, Ren-sama…”