For the better of others

Jareth's POV

The Labyrinth had seemed to become more complex than it has ever been before, its normally confusing twists and turns were now a deadly trap "Juliette!!" I shouted, my voice echoing across the walls of the enclosure I had assigned her.

"Juliette!!" still no answer, taking a left turn I began to sense magic, very strong magic "Jareth you finally came" Juliette smiled,  her smile wider than ever as she flew from one tree to the other "you were waiting for me?" I Questioned as I took a seat on one of the many large rocks.

"But of course, after all, we still have some business we must discuss" her voice spoke softly "what is this business you speak of?" lifting myself off the rock I take a moment to gaze upon the beautiful stone garden, this place did not look as it did before, she changed it for the better.

Female statues dressed in exquisite clothing danced around the garden yet none of them stole my attention from the wild Fae before me "Jareth how is the kingdom doing?" she questioned as she sat one one of the many stone columns "it's doing well, but it seems that I am not fit to rule them" confessing my biggest fear I watch her face turn blank "now why would you say that?" she asked her face displayed a serious expression " after I defeated you and took the throne the kingdom it has begun to decay" fiddling with both of my hands I watched her smirk.

"Jareth you never beat me" she stated "I let you win, and you might not see it yet but the Labyrinth has needed a ruler for a long time, a leader who can seek the lands best interests " she started to explain "what about you?" I question "Jareth, unlike you I was not brought up to be a king. I was raised here in the Labyrinth, I might know and understand its needs and as well as the peoples but if any kingdom comes attack I have no power nor status before the other kingdoms to seek out help. Until now the labyrinth was practically defenseless, just a sitting duck waiting to be taken out" her reasons made perfect sense, but why did she chose him?

"Juliette and how did you know I was the one meant to rule?" leaning forward I saw her face scrunch up "there were many men and women before you, all born with royal blood yet none of them seemed to be fitting, not one of them understood magic here in the Labyrinth" nodding my head I stood up "I understand what you speak of yet I don't know what to do!!" My disgruntled voice mirrored one of a stubborn child as I spoke.

Chuckling under her breath Juliette turned to retrieve something from her coat "Thats why I'm giving you this" raising her hand upwards she handed Jareth the blue crystal within her hand "whenever you might require my assistance call upon this crystal and I shall help, I would come to you but given my exile I cannot" taking the crystal I nodded "thank you, Juliette, I must leave now" kissing the back of her palm I walked away from the stone garden and into the kingdom.

"My king, the Goblins are unsettled they demand to see Juliette" Leefront came sprinting in as soon as he caught a glimpse of me. Running a hand through my hair Juliette's voice echoed in my brain "gather an audience, listen to your people they need you" smiling at Juliette's idea a smirk stretches upon my face "GATHER AN AUDIENCE, GATHER THE HOLE KINGDOM!!" Shouting from the top of my lungs all the goblins took action as they prepared the auditorium.