Things aren't what they seem

The Labyrinth has been my home for as long as I could remember, its twists and turns were all I have comes to know.

Gazing up at the stark clear sky I felt a smile grace my face, what a wonderful day.
"Juliette! Juliette!" Hoggle called, his nerves radiate good off him like the very light of the sun "what is it?" I asked calmly as I climbed down the great willow tree "there has been an intruder within the walls of the labyrinth" Hoggle stammered, normally he would not be this nervous.

"And did you see this intruder?" I asked as I kneeled down to his height "he is a Fae. He is tall has blond hair and of noble blood it seems" nodding my head at Hoggle's explanation I morphed my body into one of a black cat "Juliette where are you going?" turning back at him I grinned "where else? I'm going to greet our guest" letting my paws hit the stone path I sprinted towards the entrance of the labyrinth, it was time to set my plan in motion.

Walking across the stone maze I let my tail swing from side to side, the feeling of it bringing me to hum an uncertain tune. An unusual sound echoed across the labyrinth, followed by that came a string of angry curse words "show me the roamer" I heard a man shout angrily before hearing loud crash of a crystal, grinning like a fool I morph my body into a Goblins. Lets see how smart he truly is.

"Who's out there?" the man asked as he took a left turn in my direction.
Once he spotted me I tried not to smirk, any sign of amusement would certainly give me away "You Goblin what's your name?" he demanded, his stance strong and regal as he spoke  "Regus, my name is Regus" I lied "ah Regan, do you know where the Roamer is?" his question being more of a demand than anything.

Rolling my eyes I crossed both hand over my chest, he was so very ill mannered, how could he not get such a simple name right "Regus!!" I spat angrily, "Rilus-whatever now where is the roamer?!?" he demanded.

Watching him grow desperate was truly amusing, the poor prince thought he would be handed over this large realm! "

The Labyrinth has sworn secrecy to the Roamers identity and location" I answered confidently "oh really? what would you do if I turned you into a roach?" he threatened with a crystal at hand. I remained quiet, the low hum of the wind was all that could be heard as we stared each other down.

"The Roamer will turn me back into my original form" I answered sincerely. If anyone would ever come to damage my subjects...well there would be hell to pay.
Amused by my words Jareth chuckled "and why would the roamer do that?" he pressed on.

Our little game of words grew boring, there was no fun in idle threats. Looking the man dead in the eye I finally allowed myself to smirk "Jareth let me advice you on something" I whispered as I took a step backwards, the stunted legs of my goblin form didn't give as much distance from him as I hoped.

"Things aren't always what they seem" morphing back into my original form I quickly fixed my hair before stretching my body, shifting from one body to another was always tedious and never truly comfortable "I never did like morphing into a goblin, it's rather annoying to be that short" I mumbled to myself before turning my back to him.

Summoning a crystal into the palm of my hand, I assessed my appearance on its reflection. Not only did I see myself, oh no quite the opposite I'm afraid.
Within the reflection I saw Jareth's figure creeping towards me with a blade in hand. Glaring at his reflection I turned to face him before he could even blink "I wouldn't do that if I were you".

Smashing the crystal with one hand, the material turned into dust. Throwing it at his face I blinded the foolish man. Taking a hold of his blade positioned it on the back of his head "kneel" I sneered into his ear, my voice dark and menacing as I spat out every word.

Jareth was a Royal and I knew for a fact that he would refuse submission, rolling my eyes I hit the back of his knees making him fall to the ground "well this wasn't the greeting I was expecting from a Royal, but what can you do?" throwing the blade into the air I watched turn into a giant fire bird "there" I smiled as the creature flew away.

Turning my attention back to Jareth I scoffed as slowly stood to his feet "no, no Jareth my home my rules" snapping my fingers vines began to emerge from the walls it's long extensions reaching out towards the prince "I have to go, but I'll leave you with this" smiling at the approaching vines I kneeled before Jareth "lets see how you deal with this your highness" with a wink of an eye I vanished in a cloud of smoke.

"Juliette you're back!" Hoggle shouted, his face filled with relief "oh! come, come Hoggle you and I both know no one can beat me, especially in my Labyrinth" folding my arms over my chest I plopped myself down into the throne in the middle of the gazebo.
———————————

Juggling one of my crystals in my hand I smiled at the image it displayed. Its reflexion showed a struggling Jareth, he was still trying to fend off the ever growing flora "so what are we going to do with the prince?" Hoggle asked "Well I'm going to do the best I can" smirking at Hoggle I threw a crystal into the air and watched it take effect.