2. Nightmare

"Jess!" The black creature whimpered in a static voice.

"No, No, No, No" The raven-haired female whispered. She put her hands over her ears and closed her eyes shut. "Block them out, block them out, black them out!"

She was being surrounded by more of those creatures who were saying various things.

"Why did you leave us?"

"Why?"

"What did we do?"

"How could you?"

She started backing into a wall behind her. Her eyes still shut and ears covered "I DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE! FORGIVE ME!"

"PL-EE-AASE" She barely finished the 'please' she was crying so much it was difficult to speak.

"Why would we forgive you?" The creatures face changed to resemble Castor, it spoke with extreme venom.

"Why, after you left us?" Another one changed into José. Anger.

All of the creatures faces changed to to different heroes.

All chanting "Why?" Distrust
Each time they said why they got closer and closer to her.

"Go away!" She screamed with tears streaming down her face.

Now the things were chanting "Murderer. Murderer. Murderer"

Eventually the creatures were right infront of her , their sharp claws reaching out to cut her into shreads.

Right before they could attack, she opened her eyes.

It was a nightmare. No, maybe it still could be a dream.

Is this reality? The nightmares sometimes tricked her that she's safe. She glanced up at her white ceiling looking for the crack. She made a few days ago when she threw a book up.

She signed relieved when she saw it. The crack is never in her dreams. This was reality.

She sat up placing her hand where her heart was, it was beating on full velocity and she felt wetness arpi b d her eyes. Since she left the heroes, she had been having these horrible nightmares but after two years you would expect then to stop instead they got worse and more realistic.

She rubbed her eyes and stood up from the bed. She is the Lord of Phoenix Drop, she can't just abandon the village because she had a nightmare.

Aph headed to dresser, as per usual she changed into a purple dress and white flower-crown.

After putting on her sandals; she stepped out of her room. Aph quickly checked on Levin's and Malachi's room and to her suprise, they weren't there. They must be off playing.

She came out if the children's room and went down stairs. And she expected Zoey to be there but Laurence was there also. When he saw her, he immediately ran up to her and hugged her.

"Are you okay Laurence?" She quickly asked, deciding mot to hug back.

"Yes! I'm okay but what's more important are YOU okay, Lord Aphmau?" Laurence asked worried, he pulled back.

"Why wouldn't I?" She asked confused.

"Well," He started hesitatly "I was on patrol yesterday night. I was passing your house, and well, and heard sobs."

"..." she remained quiet.

"And being a good guard I decided to check on you! And you were kinda crying in your sleep." He explained.

"Oh! I just had a bad nightmare! Nothing to worry bout' " she quickly said. It was the truth.

Laurence raised his eyebrow. "Are you sure Lord Aphmau"

"Yep!"

"Okay then... I'll be going then." Laurence said. He most definitely wasn't conviced but he decided not to pry.

"See you!" She waved bye as he went out if the door.

She heard a cough , Jess quickly turned where the noise was . It was from Zoey , she had a dissaproving look for her face.

"Good Morning" Jess said awkwardly.

"You should at least tell Laurence about those nightmares" Zoey said.

"There just nightmares" Jess explained herself.

"Mhmmn"

"Anyways where are Levin and Malachi?" Jess changed the subject.

"In the treehouse" Zoey told her.

"Oh okay , I'll be going then" Jess said and went out of the door.

She signed and went down the stone path.

This is going to be a long day...

-------

"Phoenix Drop?" Sly asked himself "Is Jess there?"

He shoved the paper in his pocket and took out his phone. Sly turned on the world map he installed and searched 'Phoenix Drop'.

It was a village. A simple village. Why would Jess be there?

He shook his head , its worth checking out. But it is a day or two worth journey.

He can't tell the rest of heroes, they might get their hopes up and she might not be there. He'll go alone.

Sly flew to the teen titans tower to get his supplies.

A few hours later there he was flying across the sky with maximum speed, in one hand a bag with food, water etc. In other Jess's armour and hammer. Just in case.

He stopped flying to check his map. It was a good idea to add the extra speed last week. Instead if 2 days he can get there in 14 hours. He had halfway to go.