Chapter One | The Heist

Start from the beginning

After a couple of moments, everything went quiet, signaling she had finished her job. Selina walked up behind me as I cracked the last number, finally gaining access to the safe. I did a mini fist-pump as I jumped up, and was about to go in when I heard something very unsettling.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," a deep voice rumbled from behind us.

Sel and I both sighed as the sound echoed off of the large room. We shot each other a knowing look before turning around slowly, but I still didn't take my hand off of the safe.

"Boys," we greeted in unison.

There stood none other than Batman and the Boy Wonder, glaring at us in what looked like an attempt to be menacing.

"Fine night for a heist, don't you think, Bats?" Selina purred as she seductively walked up towards the two.

I rolled my eyes, just wanting to get my hands on the cash and get out. A new episode of The Walking Dead was on tonight, and I was not planning on letting these two losers make me miss it!

I was snapped out of my thoughts in a rather unfortunate and blood-boiling action. Biting back an involuntary shriek, I landed on the cold floor.

"What the fー!" I started to shout, but a hand slapped over my lips. I yanked it away, and found it was attached to Bird Boy himself.

"Watch your mouth!" he hissed.

I ignored his comment. "Dude! What the hell? That tackle was so uncalled for. I wasn't even ready!"

"Uh, that was kind of the point!"

"When did we even start fighting anyway?" I asked.

"When Catwoman threw Batman through the window," he said in a 'duh' voice, jabbing his thumb back in the direction of the now-broken window. I turned my head to find glass shattered all over the floor as I came to a sudden realization, a grin tugging at the corners of my lips.

"Wait, wait, wait. She threw him, out of a window?"

"Uh, that's kind of what it looks like," he said, undoubtedly rolling his eyes.

"How about we join them then, hm? After all, the more the merrier!" I said gleefully as I flipped him off of me, his body crumpling ungracefully to the base of the wall. Grabbing his hand, I used my body weight to hoist him out of the window. (The undamaged one, of course, because what fun would it be if I just threw him out an already broken window?)

I jumped after him and landed roughly on the gravel surface. I dodged a punch from the Boy Wonder, and whipped around to find Selina in an intense match with Batsーpunches, kicks, and painful-looking moves being thrown left and right.

"Hey Sー er, Catwoman!" I yelled as I bounced over to meet her, jumping on Batman's back, "I heard you threw this guy out the window!"

He grabbed my arms and shoved me to the floor, before dodging another kick from Selina.

"Yeah!" she called back.

"Didn't think you had it in you!" I said, ducking under a roundhouse kick from Robin.

"Guess you thought wrong!"

A chuckle escaped my lips. "Guess I did!"

After some more fighting (the clock's ticking, people! And we can't record shows on our TV) Selina somehow ended up taking on both of them. I paused for a moment as I panted, and then decided to take this as the perfect opportunity to sneak back inside.

I slipped out, hoping no one noticed, and climbed back through the window. I hopped into the room and grabbed the duffel bag we had thrown off to the side before the fight began. Jogging to the safe, I started loading it up, finally filling it to the brim with cash after about thirty seconds. I slung it over my shoulder and sprinted towards the bank doors, slowing for a brief moment to watch their shadows dancing on the floor before me.