Bewildered Heart

The worst battle , a person finds himself fighting is between his own heart and mind. Right now , Manik was fighting the same battle. His mind was saying that what Cabir said was somewhere true but his heart was not been able to accept the fact that he can love someone else other than Veebha ; and moreover , that can he love someone again.

But does love happens with numbers? Never.. !! Love does not sees that it's happening for the first time or the tenth time. It just happens. What matters is where we find our peace and our solace irrespective of the fact , where we find , in whom we find it and after how many attempts we find it.

Manik found all of them in Veebha. She was his first love , but she was not destined to be with him in his entire journey. But now , Nandini was there , to fill all the vacuums which where created in the absence of her existence.

He was falling for Nandini , and there was absolutely nothing wrong in it. No matter how much we loved a person , but when they are gone , we should not loose ourselves in their absence.

Nothing holds wrong , in loving someone again. He loved her with all his heart till he could. But now it was time for him, time to move ahead and look around. If we lose something special , we gain , something more special than it.

Veebha was gone , but to fill the void , Nandini was there ; of course ; they never sensed it.

Veebha Anand , Manik's best friend from the time they didn't knew what friendship actually meant. His first love , whom he loved truly , madly and deeply. And not only him , she too loved him like crazy. He meant life for her. She always said that he had the most beautiful smile on this whole earth and how she loves the fact that she is one of the main reasons that he smiles.

A careless young lad without any aim in life and an aspiring cardiologist , well indeed a rare combination. Their life was not perfect yet it was beautiful. Though he was careless and carefree but always encouraged her to be successful. He was waiting for the day when she would be the city's most renowned cardiologist and very soon country's also.

But destiny and the great almighty has some other plans. Their beautiful story could not witness a happy ending. She was gone , gone from this world , and left behind a destroyed , vulnerable , culpable Manik behind. The day he lost her , he lost himself with her.

The moment he saw her on pyre , he forgot to breath. Holding the torch , when he moved to burn the pyre , he burnt himself in the flames of that pyre. As the flames of the pyre were burning his life , to make her meet the almighty , he felt he himself was burning.

The trauma of losing her had hit him so hard that he collapsed the moment the pyre was completely on fire. Shock of losing her , affected him so badly that for one month he went into temporary coma , where his brain was working , but heart was not responding.

And how could it actually respond , his heart was with her , and she was gone. Doctors declared it as a rare case. But he had to survive , he had to live , so he came back , again in the world , where he could not ever see her again.

.....................

Manik was all lost in thoughts of his past life and the days which he proudly calls the beautiful and golden days of his life.

Holding the tiny crystal heart pendant (media box for pendant. Imagine a picture in it. I could not get a picture Like that but it can be imprinted in the pendant) which had their picture in it; a gift which she gave to him on his 18th birthday, a proud possession of his, which found its place in his wallet as her loving memory after she was gone ; he was walking down the memory lane , but at the same time, he was also confused with the thoughts that was hovering his mind since last evening after the counter he had with Cabir and after his dream.