Silent Care

Monday morning :-
.
.
It was the same usual Monday morning when people were gearing themselves up to reach office after the weekend.

Same was the case with Manik and Nandini . Both were busy in their own world ; one in his dream world as still he was sleeping , and the other in her real own world were she was preparing breakfast. Both did not knew that they are going to witness a new day of their lives.

The past Saturday night had changed their lives forever but they haf no idea about it. Although there was nothing special about that night , nothing happened as such but still that NOTHING was enough for them to give a twist in their lives.
.
.
As per the daily routine , Manik reached late. He was on call while coming towards his bay and Nandini was making an exit at the same time giving all her attention to her mobile screen.

Both did not noticed the other and were about to bang into each other when both suddenly stopped just an inch apart saving themselves. Just as they saw each other , both started recalling the moments of Saturday night when they were together.

For the first time in their lives they both felt awkward in front of each other. Though it was a feeling of awkwardness , but their was a feeling between the two , which earlier both never had. They themselves were surprised to feel such thing.

For few minutes they were standing there without speaking anything. Manik was the first to break the silence by wishing her good morning in a low yet soft tone full of hesitation and fumbling.

Nandini's response was nothing different. Her return morning wish too was full of hesitation and shyness. This awkwardness was broken by a call on Manik's cell.

Both excused themselves and made way to where they were actually heading to before this. Nandini was going to canteen and Manik was on call but their minds were occupied on the sudden changed behaviour they experienced just now in themselves.

"What is wrong with me..?? Why was I feeling so awkward .?" Manik murmured to himself.
.
.
In the canteen , Nandini was sipping coffee and thinking the same , "why did I reacted that way..? He has never affected me so why know..? Why was i so awkward..?"

These thoughts were running in her mind making her all frustrated. She was holding a paper cup which had coffee which she was continuously pressing in her frustration and finally as it always happens with her when her anger and frustration makes her land up in trouble ; all the hot coffee was on her right hand.

"Shittt..!!" She exclaimed out of pain and started jerking her hand. As it was early morning no one from staff was there except the canteen people. She was jerking her hand continuously and finally grabbed some tissues to wipe it off.

A canteen person saw this and told her to keep her hand under cold water and she did that. He bought some ice cubes and she applied it on her hand but the coffee was way much hotter. It showed its effect and her right hand was clearly seen to be turned into red having the burn sensations.

This was not new to her. After what she experienced from Harshad and Soha , she was never the same. The anger which was never around her , now was always inside her , resulting into harms she made to herself bearing all the pain ; physical and emotional.
.
.
Despite of all the pain she moved back to her bay and started off with her work. She was unable to do any work from her right hand so she utilised her left hand for doing her work.