Again Late

"Ohhh freaaakkk...!!! Nooott again..!!"

Manik looked at the time in his mobile and jumped off the bed. It was already 8.30 and he had been assigned to conduct a training for freshers , sharp at 9.00 a.m. The time taken to reach his office from home was about half an hour that to without traffic and just 3 days ago he was handed over with a notice of his punctuality ; that he is running behind 15 hours of his actual timings in the organisation. Yet Manik was still careless. And actually it was not his fault. When a person will party till 2 in morning ; how the hell can he manage to wake up early to reach office on time.

.

.

And As usual Manik was late. He reached the office at 10. Cabir (his colleague and best friend from past 10 years. More than friends they are brothers.) signalled him that today he's actually dead.

.

.

"Kya...? Phir late..? Party 12 baje khatam ho gayi thi. Phir bhi..??" Cabir questioned him giving a heavy pat on his back.

"Magar Meri party to 2 baje khatam hui thi ..!" Manik replied winking at Cabir.

"Saale sudhar ja.. Already ek notice mil chuka hai. Kyun apni kamai gawane par Tula hai.. U know they'll make deductions from your salary. And plus Teri hike bhi effect hogi..!! Sudhar ja..!" Cabir tried to make Manik understand that his carelessness is not good.

"I know yaar..!! But Kya karooon..??" Manik sighed.

Cabir smiled at him and left for his desk.

Manik settled himself and switched on his system and started to move ahead just when he saw his manager Vaibhav coming to him.. "Ooohhh Goooddd..!! You are sooo dead Manik.." Manik said in his mind.

.

.

"What's up Manik.? Again late.? " Vaibhav shook hand with him and asked.

"Woh Vaibhav actually ..." Manik tried to pull out an excuse.

"That's ok Manik ..! Don't bother.. But just to inform you ; this habit of ours will surely affect your position. You know it's time for the promotions but if you'll continue like this ; may be I'll not be able to help. So just take care brother." Vaibhav patted his shoulder and started moving when Manik stopped him from behind ; "Vaibhav ; that training that I was assigned to take.?" He enquired. "Haan woh , Nandini has taken the charge ; it's going on." He informed Manik and went ahead.

.

.

"Nandini ...!!!! " Manik sighed. "Phir lagegi class" . Manik hit his head with the file in his hand.

.

.

He just then saw Nandini coming out from the conference room back to her desk. She was holding a file in her left hand and was looking into her cell which she held in her right hand. She lifted her head and her eyes fell on Manik. Manik made an innocent face as soon as she looked at him. Nandini was coming back to her bay where her seat was. When she saw Manik she just nodded her head in disappointment and sat back on her desk to proceed on with her work.