Bound By Blood: 41. Prize Possesion

Diana's POV:

I'm drowning. Water in my lungs and engulfing it painfully. I couldn't move and I thought it was the end. Until a pair of arms pull me out and a girl screaming for help.

"Keep your eyes open." Sean shouts to me while I cough out water. Jill is screaming for help, more students surrounding my lifeless body. Blood is oozing out of my thick wound and it won't stop. I'm hyperventilating uncontrollably and the white light is too bright.

"Diana." Sean's voice changes and it's someone I know. "Diana." Xavier is at my view but I'm not in the pool room. "Diana." I'm not bleeding and I'm not laying on a hard surface soaking wet. "Diana." A see a shadow of him above me, his blue eyes I can only see. "Diana." It's a whisper now, an echo in my ears, no students are around me... I'm alone.

Voices are ringing in my ears and I snap my eyes open, grabbing a fistful of covers that are draped over me. I scream out loud, looking around my presence. A hand hits my thigh and I hear a soothing voice.

"Honey calm down, you are okay." I take a deep breath, slugging back down on the bed I'm laying in.

"Where am I?" I ask, licking my chapped lips and trying to swallow my saliva. I'm so fucking thirsty. Dad is sitting on a metal chair next to my bed, leaning over me to calm me down. Mom is sitting at the edge of my feet, looking at me terrified.

"You're at the hospital, you had to get surgery." He replies back and I reopen my eyes to see that I'm in a beige color room with hospital products and the television on.

"Diana, what happen?" Mom asks me and I look into her eyes.

"I don't know, someone came up from behind me and stabbed me." I lied, I don't know whether they are still in danger.

"You could have died, I don't know why you were even there? You said you were sick!"

"That doesn't matter."

"Matter! You almost died!" Her voice became louder and she choked in tears. Dad tells her to calm down and I try to get up but I can't. My wound hurts really bad. I wince in pain while going back down on the bed.

"You got seven stitches." Dad says to me and I rethink about last night. Finding out that Mr. Walsh is a witch. I have to tell Alexander!

"Mom, please get me something to drink." She nods to me and gets up, walking out of the room.

"Diana, when they called and told me you were here, I started to cry."

"At least I'm still here."

"But if you weren't found, you could have drowned and lost a serious amount of blood."

"At least I'm still here." Dad opens his mouth to detest but he then closes it.

"I'm going to see where your mother is." He gets up and heads to the door, leaving me alone in the room. I sigh, playing with the covers over me. My hair is still damped from yesterday and when I look out the window, the sun is up high over the horizon.

I look around the room to see if there is a phone and suddenly, I hear gun shots from the hall and screaming. My heart starts to race and I lean up alarmed. I don't know what to do so I try and get up from laying down but the pain is too much to handle.

More screaming ring in my ears and I watch the glass see-through door, people running and shouting for help. I don't hear the gunshots like they can be on my floor, maybe the floor below mine. I'm on the third floor and suddenly, a pair of hands hit my door, leaving streaks of blood behind. I scream in fright, finally getting up and limping to the door. I open it and I come to face with a dead body in front of me.

I cover my mouth so I don't vomit because I'm already gagging. I hear more screaming and more guns being shot.

"There are vampires attacking on the first floor!" A women screams while grabbing onto me. Her neck is pooling with blood and it looks like she's been bit. She pushes me in back in my room and I try and stop her.

"Wait, my parents are down there! Wait!" I shout to her but when I do, my back is beating in agony.

"No! You need to stay in here!" She pushes me back and I get her blood on me. I look down at my arms and suddenly, I'm too scared to look up. I hear a gargle noise coming out of the women's voice in front of me which is very uncomfortable to hear. It's silent besides the people screaming in the hallways.

I eventually look up and her neck is getting ripped apart again by a vampire. A vampire I know.

Dylan rips his fangs out of her skin and she collapses onto the floor still. Blood is pooling out of her neck while Dylan smiles at me with his bloody face.

"Well that was entertaining." He says while running his tongue over his fangs and sighing in satisfaction. I scream, taking steps back until he comes up to me and grabs me.

I try to push out of his grip while he dips his head at the croak of my neck. Dylan inhales deeply while groaning.

"You don't die do you?" He asks while I try to scream for help but he covers my mouth with his bloody hand. I try to pull away but he leans down and grabs my legs. He picks me up bridal style and carries me to the window.

"Let go!" I shout to him because my back is bent and my wound is right there. It's making my body go frigid.

"I hope you can land." Dylan laughs while opening the window with his fingers. He pops the screen out and he brings me off the edge. I shout to him, trying to grab on so I don't fall. I'm on the third fucking floor, I can't land. I will splat.

I can't grab on and he let goes of me, dropping me so I can fall. The humid breeze slaps me in the face while I'm falling. But I don't hit the ground. I land on something hard and when I open my eyes, Mr. Walsh is glaring down at me with a smile. I'm in his arms, my back is in excruciating pain. Tears fall down my eyes and my thoughts are running.

Why do they still want me?

The only weak thing I do is raise the white flag in defeat. They want me, let them have me. I start to cry against his chest until a stinging feeling hits my neck. I look up seeing Isaac cowering over me with a needle that's injected in my body.

"Sleep tight, Diana." Mr. Walsh says until I fade behind the piercing scream of people in the hospital.

Diana is kidnapped! No!

Vote
Comment
Follow me