Bound By Blood: 38. Sneaking In Prom

It's Prom tonight.

Tonight I have everything all planned.

Tonight I will find out if Mr. Walsh has a secret he is hiding. Tonight I will stop him.

During school, I kept myself in a low profile. I dodged everyone who was overly excited about Prom and asking me if I was going. I didn't want to explain myself too much. I hate explaining myself to people. After school ended, I didn't take the bus so I walked home, the warm sun beating down on me.

I walk inside the house and I went in my room, locking the door. I go through my clothes and I take out a pair of black leggings and a black t-shirt. I don't want to be noticeable during Prom tonight and I don't want word to go about that I'm there. I don't want Dylan to know or... Mr. Walsh.

I take out my black booties from my closet and I toss them next to my bed. Now I just need to buy time until Prom tonight. My stomach growls and I shrug, going downstairs to the kitchen. I take stuff out to make a nice sandwich and than I grill it as a Panini.

Eventually time went by.

I stare at myself in the mirror and I pull my two braids back behind my shoulders. I sigh while zipping up my jacket and slipping on my booties.

"Time to go." I mutter to myself, praying that I don't get caught.

I finally reach the school after walking in the dark and students cars are parked in the parking lot. I jog around to the back of the school, hoping there are no students or teachers. I see a classroom window open and I thank God while opening it wider and hopping in. I tip-toe to the door and it opens while I peak my head out in the hallway.

I hear the DJ playing music in the gym and students cheering and laughing. I shut the door behind me and I jog down the hall towards the gym. Two teachers are talking in front of the gym doors while I see flashing neon lights from the gym. I turn back to a hall so they don't see me but I hit this thick sign that's on the wall. It falls off the wall and slams on the concrete floor, making a loud thud. I curse under my breath while holding my breath.

I peak half of my head to see if those teachers are coming at me and they are! My heart starts to race and I break a sprint, running down the hall and turning so I go in circles. I keep on running but something catches my attention and I stop. It's the girls locker room. I go in the locker room and I run down the aisle of lockers till I reach the other side. When I reach the other side, there is another door that takes you out to the gym. I open that door and loud music starts to thud in my ears.

I'm finally in.

I shut the door behind me and I bend down low, glancing around the crowd of students. Everyone is wearing their best dress or attire, dancing on the dance floor or sitting down at their tables and talking with each other. Okay, so I spotted Jill with Sean and other people on the dance floor. Dylan is in the corner with his friends talking and drinking blood. Yuck. And finally, Mr. Walsh. He is with other teachers at a table, bobbing his head to the music and watching the students around him.

If stares can kill, he'd be dead already. I look around while standing up because they won't see me. I am wearing dark clothes and I am in the corner.

"What are you doing here?" A husky familiar voice says behind me. I stand still until I flinch because Dylan's hands run up my sides. "Sneaking in?" He adds while chuckling near my ear.

"No, because I miss you." I say, turning around and placing my arms around his neck. "Come, it's too loud here." I say while opening the locker room and dragging him inside with me. When the door closes I let go of him and I push him up against the sink.

"What are you doing?" He asks me again but it slurs out of his mouth. I bring my mouth down to his and he doesn't hesitate except kiss back.

"Are you drunk?" I ask him, pulling away and smelling alcohol on his breath.

"Maybe." He rolls his eyes back and brings his lips back on mine. "I can't be doing this or Mr. Walsh will get very mad." He says between our breathing and a smirk appears on my lips. I just need Dylan off my tail.

"Well, he isn't going to find out after I do this." I reply back and he snaps his eyes open.

"What?" I had a perfect aim to punch him down right where the sun doesn't shine. He yelps in pain and I rip him off the sink and I kick the back of his knees. He goes down while I grab the back of his hair and I slam his head down on the edge of the sink. I pull him away until I slam his skull back down towards it, cutting his skin and blood staining the white sink.

He goes unconscious in my arms and I drop him while heading back to the door. I need to make things fast until he wakes up. When I open the door, I jump in shock while a girl screams. It's Jill.

"Diana? I knew I wasn't hallucinating." I cover her mouth so she doesn't talk and I drag her back to the gym.

"Jill, just listen to me." I say while we both go down on our knees and we crawl behind the DJ. He doesn't really see while we hide behind an empty table right next to Mr. Walsh's. Now he is alone and I see that his classroom keys and cell phone are on the table next to him. Yes. I turn to Jill and she's staring at me confused.

"Diana-"

"Jill, this is an emergency for me. Please do me a favor."

"But-"

"Please." I beg her and she sighs.

"Fine, what is it."

"I need you to go ask Mr. Walsh to dance with you now, please."

"Mr. Walsh?"

"Please, now go." I say to her and she nods, getting up and fixing her dress. She slowly walks to Mr. Walsh with a smile on her face. The music is too loud, I can't hear their conversation. It looked like Mr. Walsh agrees because he gets up and grabs her hand. He doesn't take his keys or phone! When they vanish in the dancing crowd, I get up and I grab his keys, walking pass everyone like I'm invisible.

No one realizes that I'm around them and I make it out of the gym. I turn around to see if anyone is following me and when no one isn't, I break into a sprint down the hall to his classroom. Time to see if there is any answers.

AHHHHHH!!! This is one of my favorite chapters! She is so hardcore beating Dylan up!

vote

comment what you think will happen next chapter

follow me :))