Bound By Blood: 23. The Bite

~A/N: IMPORTANT MESSAGE!
go read staystrong014  book, You Belong With Me.
I fell in love with the first chapter!

Now, enjoy another update ^_^

The rest of the day, I stayed alone in my room because the King and Queen thought it'd be best if I rested... alone. When the sun was slowly going down, a knock came at the door and it was Juliet, telling me that dinner was ready. I walked down with her to the dinning room and everyone was already sitting down. I sat at my usual spot next to the Queen and Juliet while the men sat together on the other side.

"How are you feeling, Diana?" The King asks me while we were eating. I swallow the mouthful of food and I nod.

"I'm doing better, thank you." I respond softly so I don't have to think of Madison's body hanging again. It's just very weird that we are quiet and talking about other things like nothing happen.

"Prince Xavier, a young man wanted me to give you this." A servant came behind him and we all turn our gazes to her. She was holding a tray, a wine glass on it with some liquid in it. Xavier grabs it and looks down at it, smelling it.

"What is it?" The King asks Xavier while the servant walks away and goes back to the kitchen. He was ready to drink it but Alexander stops him.

"Why are you going to drink it? You don't know what it is."

"Well, someone did give it to me for a reason and if it was a human, poison doesn't kill me so I'm not going to die." I wave of sickness hits me like something bad is going to happen. We all watch him silently as he drinks the whole thing. He swallows it and puts the glass on the table, looking straight down. Eventually he starts to cough and chug down his glass of water.

"It tasted good at the beginning but now, it's just a horrible after taste."

"Maybe because you haven't been feeding properly." Alexander says and the King nods his head no, snapping his fingers which made the servants around us move closer to the table.

"Diana, are you finished eating?" The Queen asks me and I turn to face her.

"Yeah, I'm done."

"Okay well, you know we feed on blood and sometimes we need to feed from the vein..." She slowly pauses and I look around, one servant next to each of them. Oh god they were going to feed. I wipe my mouth with my napkin and I get up, my body shaking.

"Oh um, yeah I get it. Um, I-I'll go then." I make an uncomfortable eye contact with Xavier who looked terribly pale and ill.

"You can stay if it doesn't bother you-"

"No, I should go so I don't bother you guys." I scurry away but I did realize that the boys had girl servants and the girls had boy servants. I guess vampires like feeding from the different gender of them. I leave the dining room and I go up to my room. I shut the door and I take a deep breath. I hear a noise behind me to I turn around alerted, the window open wide. I walk up to it and I slam it shut, the wind breezing against me. I hear a paper crumble and something hits my back. I turn around and a crumbled up paper is on the floor. I frown while I pick it up but suddenly a firm grip is on my arm. I wince in pain and I look next to me but no one is holding me.

Am I hallucinating?

A shout appears from downstairs and a force starts to push me towards the door. It feels like hands are on me and dragging me out of my room. I dig my heels onto the floor but it's sliding from my socks. Eventually, I'm out the door and at the top of the stairs, the force pushes me forward. I can't move at all like something is holding me back. I fall down them helplessly, moans coming out of my mouth in pain. When I land on the floor, I roll on my back, slowly getting up. My vision blurs and I grab the wall for support. I hear more screaming and servants are running out of the dining room. I walk there, concerned about what's wrong.