Bound By Blood: 30. The Assistant

"Hey Alexander, it's funny how I'm already calling you even though we just said our goodbyes hours ago. I'm hurt, I really am. It's weird to say but I miss you and your family. Please tell Juliet I'm sorry for flipping out on her earlier. No need to know what happen between us, she'll understand. But something happen to me shocking and please tell Xavier this. Tell him my mom is pregnant again and I don't know what to do. He'll understand what I mean about this. I don't know what to do."

I stop talking while looking down at my phone and staring at Alexander's number. I try to think of a reason to talk to him but I feel like it's stupid to tell him all those things. It's useless, I feel like our relationship is going to be those type where you exchange each other's number, say you will talk to the person but you never do. In a couple of days they'll forget me and the Prophecy will never exist and we will go our separate ways.

I put my phone back in my pocket as I shutter from the cold wind. I try to get warm in my sweatshirt but I can't anymore. I'm sitting on the curb down the block of my house because I couldn't stand to see my parents again with some glint of hope in their eyes. Maybe I should just move and stay somewhere else and give them some happiness with the new baby. Maybe the baby shouldn't even know me as the murderer of her other sister. When I look up from staring at the concrete ground, I rethink about the accident in the blur of my wet eyes. Tears are swelled in my eyes, ready to explode down my cheeks but I can't release them.

I am so sick of crying.

I wipe my eyes before they fall and I toss the hoodie of my sweatshirt over my head. I hear an echo of a girl's scream nearby and I stand up from sitting down. My knees are numb from the cold and my toes hurt when I move them around. Vampires probably spotted their food and killed an innocent girl walking to wherever she was going. And now I'm going to be their next bait if I don't go back home. It's so dumb how the 'human president', Mr. Sailor made a deal with the vampire King and Queen that vampires can kill humans if they want.

"It's their source like how we kill innocent animals for us to eat. There is nothing to do."  He said on the news three years ago which caused humans to start a strike. Some humans even tried to kill him but totally failed. The strike lasted for a year and a half until they stopped because it was useless. The only time vampires cannot kill humans is when they are in school or work. But vampires don't really kill humans when they feed, they are in control so they just drink from them and leave them when they pass out.

"Where are you going, darling?" A voice purrs behind me and I stop walking towards my house. His voice reminded me of Xavier's and I wanted to cry for some reason.

"Home."

"Is it far? Maybe I should walk you home." I don't bother to turn around but I keep on walking. I think death is calling me. I've been hurt these past times at the mansion and I luckily survived. Now that I'm out of it, I am going to die. They never found out who was controlling me and trying to kill me. The person can be anywhere, maybe the person behind me. But they said it wasn't a human or a vampire. But a witch? Florence was the last witch on this earth and now someone is secretly alive? This is madness. 

"No thanks, I'll be fine alone." I reply back but the person was following behind me.

"Don't I sound familiar?" He asks and I gulp when one name runs through my head.

"Dylan."

"Ding-ding-ding-ding!" Dylan screams while laughing behind me. "What happen? Why are you here?"

"Want to leave me alone?" I ask him a question as I feel a presence next to me. It's him.

"Nope, I am curious." I roll my eye, trying not to make eye contact with him. "They kicked you out because they got sick of you?"

"Just tell me the truth, are you the person trying to kill me? If so, just get on with it." I stop walking and I face him. He looks interested in me and it's irritating me.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because the person I'm working for doesn't want me to, yet."

"Oh so I am going to die." He shrugs with a smirk on his lips which makes me want to slap off. "And there is a boss for this, great."

"Yeah, I'm the assistant with some other workers by my side."

"Do they all go to our school?"

"Maybe... maybe not."

"You're a dick you know that? First you wanted to be friends with me and now you want me dead?" He takes a step close to me, so close that his breath is down at my neck when he lowers his head. He inhales a breath... my smell.

"Oh well if you weren't the human for the Prophecy, we wouldn't be in this mess now would we?"

"Why do you even want me dead?"

"I don't want the Prophecy to work because I do not want humans and vampires to be equal. For hundreds of years we have been until the light, non-existent and humans who knew about us killed us. Now it's payback, it's our time to rule."

"Well you don't have to worry about me and Xavier anymore, the Prophecy doesn't work, he kicked me out."

"He got sick of you? Are you sure?"

"Yeah, so bye." I skip the whole aging like a human for Xavier and I kept on walking.

"Well if he didn't want you, the whole smelling like him would wear off by now, I smelled him on you a block away." I pause from walking and I turn around to face him.

"Why were you so scared when we had detention and Alexander tried to come in? Weren't you old friends with Xavier?"

"You'd be stupid to not be afraid of the Dagger family... like you." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and I look up to see him again. I come to face no one because he is gone.

~I feel bad for Diana.

vote

comment

follow me