Bound By Blood: 7. Golden Coin

I hear shuffling, then breathing. Breathing? I know it's not me, then I feel the edge of the bed sink. I snap my eyes open and I quickly sit up from laying, bring my legs up to my face. I get dizzy for a few seconds then when my eyes dilate, I see Juliet staring at me with a wide smile.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her, breathing deeply as she quickly gets up from sitting on my bed. She tries not to laugh and I realize what she's giggling about. I look down and I forgot that I stripped out of my bloody clothes and that I'm in an underwear and bra. The bottom half of my body is covered by the blanket but my black bra is showing with my white stomach. I quickly grab the blanket and I wrap it around my body as it slips over my shoulder.

"Trust me, I'm not a lesbian because I do have a crush on this boy but that doesn't even matter. I'm here because I want to hang out with you." I look at her with wide eyes than I let out a shaky laugh.

"Now? What time is it?"

"It's five past ten." I run my hand through my hair.

"Oh wow, but it's not creepy at all walking in my room and staring at me sleeping." I say to her sarcastically and she walks away from me.

"I was going to wake you up, I didn't want to terrify you by knocking on the door."

"I don't even have clothes." I admit and when she goes in the closet, she comes back out chucking things at me. I look down at my lap and I realize that it's a sweater, jeans and a bra and underwear.

My clothes.

"Where did you get them?" I ask, picking up my sweater and running my fingers along the soft texture.

"Alex and I went back to your house and got your clothes and some other things you would like." Juliet points at the desk and I see books and CDs on there. My things. I give her a soft smile while slowly getting out of bed. Now I didn't care if I was half naked in front of her. She looked like she was used to it and I'm used to changing in school for gym. I grab my clothes and I go to the bathroom, rinsing my face, brushing my teeth and hair and changing. After, I get out and Juliet gives me my favorite brown boots as I thank her. I zip them up and I go in the closet, realizing that my clothes are neatly separated and folded.

"So where are we exactly going?" I ask her and she walks in, leaning against the doorway.

"We're going down to the village but I'm secretly taking you out."

"Why secretly?"

"Because you aren't allowed to leave the mansion but my parents aren't home, they are away for business and Xavier is pretty pissed at you still and Alex isn't home either so why not?" I give her a smile and honestly, I like her here. She's the only one I can talk to except threatening me with hatred.

"That would be great." I reply and she cheers, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the door.

"Let's go!" She screams as we leave my room and down the stairs. We weren't allowed to leave from the front door because vampires were guarding it so we sneaked from the back. There was a back gate so we jogged out of there and down a dirt path that led to the village.

"I feel such a badass." I laugh while we walked side by side. It's not cold out at all, the sun is seeking through the trees so I wasn't cold.

"I do this all the time, it's so much fun." Juliet says as we both start laughing.

"So what's at the village?" I ask her and she kicks gravel down the path.

"Oh, just small stands on the streets where people sell things from antiques to food. Then further down there's a school and stores."