Bound By Blood: 8. Concern

I was getting really tired when we reached the mansion. Juliet and I didn't really keep a long conversation either because of what happen down at the village. For the whole walk home, I was fiddling my fingers in my jean pocket, touching the coin to calm me.

We went through the back gates again and through one of the back doors. But the next turn of events wasn't what I expected. When Juliet lightly shuts the door, I turn my body to the hallway. I walk in there and my feet suddenly stop for myself. My heart beats rapidly and I slip my fingers out of my jean pocket. Juliet comes out into the hallway, ready to talk but she stops in her footsteps too. Xavier was standing across from us, his arms folded across his chest and his eyes narrowing to mine. We weren't out for long but it looked like Xavier just rolled out of bed. His hair was ruffled in different places, he was wearing a white t-shirt and long pajamas pants.

"Where were you two?" His voice booms through the hallway and I gulp of fright.

"We were just roaming around, I was showing Diana the mansion." Juliet cuts in and Xavier grins, taking a step towards us.

"Don't feed me crap, Juliet. Where were you guys." He growls to her, and I realize that she starts to panic.

"Fine, I took her down to the village."

"Why?"

"Because I didn't want to stay here, I was scared if you were going to hurt her." She admits and I snap my head to her. Is that why she really took me out? I open my mouth, trying to say something but nothing comes out. I shut it quickly than I turn my gaze back on Xavier who sighs. He presses his fingers against his temples and slowly massages them, mumbling something to himself.

"Go to your room, Juliet." He finally says and she nods her head no.

"I am not leaving Diana's side."

"Juliet! Don't make me tell mom and dad because what you did was one of the stupidest things ever." She takes a step away from me and slowly walks up to him.

"Don't hurt her, please." Juliet begs and his gaze snaps into her eyes, his electric blue consuming.

"Go." I finally speak up and Juliet inhales a sharp breath when she hears my voice.

"I'm sorry." She says loud enough for me to hear than vanishes with vampire speed. I bite my bottom lip when Xavier slowly looks at me.

"We're alive okay? Nothing bad happened." My voice shakes when I talk to him. Honestly, I always forget about the Prophecy that's between us two. Xavier is so cruel, I can't fall in love with him. It won't happen at all. Not even with him hating me too. Abruptly, a pair of hands grab me and I'm forcefully pinned against the nearest wall. I let out a painful yelp because my head banged against it.

"Do you know that I'm trying to watch you. Trying to check that you're still breathing?" He says to me and I look into his blue eyes which are inches away from mine. He's holding me up, my feet barely touching the group and his hands glued to my upper arms.

"I thought you don't care if I die or not." I reply back, noticing that my heart beating has calmed down.

"Well, my parents do, so don't ever listen to Juliet because she will get you killed with her dizzy nonexistent brain." He says and it kind of sounded funny when it came out of his mouth.

"Put. Me. Down." I say to him and for a couple of seconds, he just stares at me than obeys. He pulls away from me and I land on my feet, my knees wobbling like they are going to collapse.

"You are only allowed to stay in the mansion, where I can watch you."

"Stop with the BS, Xavier. You'd rather want me dead because you don't believe in the Prophecy. And honestly, I can't either, because of your attitude." He's taken aback from the words that spilled out of my mouth as he lets out a chuckle.