Epilogue

A year and a half later, Detective Parker was at the station taping up the last box on her now vacant desk.

She looked sadly at Shay, who stood close by, holding some of the personal items that once sat on Desiree's desk.

"That's it," Desiree sighed.

"I'm ready." Detective Parker had took an early retirement.

After over thirteen years on the job, she was retiring home to her kids so that she could raise them and be the full-time mom that she always wanted to be.

Well, it wouldn't be completely full-time. She had purchased a large facility that she turned into an after school and summer program for inner city youth from kindergarten to twelfth grade.

Instead of fighting crime once they became criminals, she was now going to fight crime by preventing so many youth from becoming criminals.

She hired athletes, teachers and coaches to mentor the youth, one including Terry Clark, who would form an inner city basketball team that would play in the New Orleans Basketball Association.

"What are you going to do with all of this time on your hands?" Shay asked Desiree as they slowly walked out of the squad room.

Desiree sighed deeply as she looked around for the last time. "Go home and shoot the shit out of some boogey men."

Oh, and speaking of criminals, Santana had taken his line of hoes, and relocated to D.C.

Meanwhile, Alina was at Sunset getting ready to go on stage. "Thank you, Reese," she smiled as he assisted her on stage to the sounds of Big Sean and Nicki Minaj.

It took some time, but Atika was finally able to live with the fact that Jared was gone.

Alina had packed her bags and returned to Idaho shortly after Jared's death. She felt some guilt behind his death as well, and could no longer take living with the constant regret in New Orleans.

Atika, on the other hand, remembered her man every time she climbed that stage. That was where they met and shared so many good times. And because of that, for as long as she could, for as long as her youth and body allowed, she would forever be the baddest bitch in Sunset.

Hundreds of miles away, Selena, August, Ace, Tasha, Keke, and Geno were departing a shuttle in front of Mantangi Private Island Resort in Fiji.

Just hours before, August and Selena had exchanged vows on the beautiful beaches of Jamaica with family and close friends, then the crew escaped to enjoy the couple's honeymoon in Fiji.

There was no way in the world that Ace would allow August go anywhere alone. There was also no way that Tasha was missing Fiji.

Keke and Geno had gone on a date a week after the engagement, and slowly became a couple that was attached by the hip.

Selena and August didn't mind at all sharing this precious moment with the people closest to them.

"Damn. Can't believe a nigga is in Fiji! WHEW!" The crew laughed at Ace as they took off into the resort.

However, August, holding Selena's hand slowed his pace in order to linger in the moment. For once in his life, he felt whole and complete.

He took a moment to look into the clear blue sky and smiled at his family up beyond the clouds, feeling blessed that they were there, with him, watching him, with the woman that he knew that they had sent him, be the man that he always wanted to be.