19.

One month later...

Detective Parker

I was sitting in an undercover car in the east, biting my lip nervously and watching every woman that walked by.

For it to ve after midnight, the block was surprisingly empty. As it had been for the past six weeks. I was told that any other time, this block was full of traffic. Now, it was a ghost town.

I was stsrting to think that Shay was seeing things. But beyond my frustrstions, I knew that she hadnt.

"They must have gotten scsred and moved around." I tokd Shay.

She was sitting next to me, nestled up with a large cup of coffee. "Coukd be, lets wait and see what Katue says."

"Thought she was supposed to be out here by now. You said she said midnight."

"Shes a prostitute, not a secretary, i doubt shes punctual, Desiree."

I found little humor in that shit, but chuckled anyway, i knew that Shay was just trying to lighten the mood, but I didnt find shit humorous about Kayjah being able to ci stantly evade the law.

There were people sitting in jail for way kess, for petty crimes. And yet, this bitch had murdered four people and was roaming wherever the fuck she pleased.

It was time for this bitch to go down in a major way.

A knock on the driver's side door brought me out my trance. A frail dark skinned woman in a fake short body fur, sequin mini skirt and a long straight wig with a Chinese bang was standing on the other side of the door freezing her ass off.

"Open the fucking door, Shay. It's cold out here."

The pink color of the wig reminded me of cotton candy and made her look like a really fucked up version of Nicki Minaj.

Shay popped the locks of the car while checking her, "Bitch, don't talk to me like that. I will arrest your ass. Keep playin'."

Katie hurriedly jumped in the backseat. She sighed as if the heat from the Charger was melting her skin deliciously like butter.

"Talk to me, Katie. You find something out?"

"I hear Santana went to D.C. to meet up with his homie, Moe. He's a big pimp in D.C. Makes a lot of money in that area."

"They comin' back?"

I cut her off before she could even reply.

"I'm not waiting until he comes back. I ain't got that type of time." She thought that we were searching for Santana to arrest him for sex trafficking.

She didn't mind since Santana and his girls were direct competition for her and her pimp.

I didn't want anyone tipping off Kayjah that we were on her heels.

"They'll be back though. This is home. It's too much competition in D.C. He'll get his money, stack up and come back."

"In how long?" Shay asked.

She answered, "A few months," like it was nothing. I let out a deep sigh, told Katie, "Thanks," and handed her a few dollars.

Shay reluctantly watched me as I turned the engine. I didn't have a few months. In a few months, Kayjah would be in Egypt some damn where for all I knew.

She was crazy, but she was smart. If I knew anything, I knew that she was trying her best to stay in D.C.

***