8.

Kayjah

Gawd damn it!

Annie looked all too happy to see me coming down the alley. The smile on her face was full of bullshit that I wasn't up for.

I was trying to get the fuck out the cold.

Anyway, as soon as Annie saw me, she went ham.

"So you think you're just going to take my man from me?"

I had to chuckle. "He's everyone's man, bitch. Stop it."

She sucked her teeth because she knew that I was playing stupid. Santana might have fucked other women while she was sleeping in his bed, but over the past few weeks, the rotation was slowly starting to slow down and I was becoming more and more consistent.

The small amounts of money I was stealing were starting to increase, and soon I would be able to get away.

My nonchalant attitude pissed her off even more. I guess she was used to having her way. I just shrugged at the anger that poured from her eyes.

I was on a mission, I had to get the fuck out of town. And if that meant taking her spot in the bed next to Santana, then so the fuck be it. I had taken a bitch's man for less meaningful purposes, so to take one to spare my life was a no brainer.

"Leave Santana alone." She was practically begging me.

"C'mon Annie, you know how the game goes."

She was so mad that she stomped her Puma's on the gravel. "You think he wants you? Bitch, I been his bottom for years. you bring your ass around here, thinking you the shit, but I know your story. You look down on me, but bitch, you aint no better. Remember why you're here, bitch. Your man didn't want your whack ass? You wasn't good enough? He loved somebody else more-"

Her words were like honest shots that peirced my brain and triggered anger in me that I had learned to fear myself.

Before I knew it, my hands were around her neck. She was so frail, my anger was so powerful, I lifted her a few inches off the ground and pushed her body up against the brick wall behind her.

"Urgh!" She grunted as her head banged against a brick. But that was all that she was able to say as I squeezed my fingers around her neck so tight that the veins in my hands swelled in size.

I just wanted her to shut the fuck up because she was right.

It wasn't the ex husband that left me broke.

It was August.

It was Terry.

It was Andre.

It was any one of those spineless motherfuckers that had enough balls to fuck me, but not enough to choose me.

Everytime I thought about how right this crackhead bitch was, I squeezed until her face turned beet red, then purple. She clawed at my hands like I clawed at Kade's, as I watched the life begin to leave her body like I did Dominique's.

Just the thought of Dominique brought me back. I was able to feel the cold again. I felt my hands around her neck and let go.

She fell to the ground, gasping for air, and I stood over her, gasping as well, that fact that it was that easy to snap took my breath away.

"I'm not the one to fuck with, bitch," I spat. "You do not know my life."

I walked away reminded again of how much blood was on my hands.

I knew how to take her life more than physically, though. I didn't even want Santana or this life, but, since the bitch wanted to play, I figured I might as well entertain myself while I get myself out of this shit.

***

Selena

I did call August the day after our date. Surprisingly, we talked everyday afterward. There was no getting to know you pressure. He was being just as cautious and careful as I was. We eventually went out again... and again.

Who would've thought?

Definately not me.

But I wasn't going to complain. There was nothing to complain about really.

He invited me out for a few drinks, and I accepted.

"You're surprisingly down to earth,"

He looked at me curiously as he leaned into me. We were sitting closely next to one another at the bar. I was practically in his lap with his hand on my thigh.

"What you mean?"

"I mean, you're nice looking, you're obviously well-off. Most guys like you wouldn't even waste time courting a girl, especially if she wasn't trying to give them any-"

"I told you, you couldn't take my virginity."

Laughing, I playfully hit his arm. I quickly moved my hand awaym since it wanted to act like it was melting against his touch. August noticed my reaction and smiled.

"No, for real." I ignored his gorgeous smile, curtained by full lips that he moistened often by licking them charmingly.

"You know what I'm saying. You know how men are. They go from one to the next. You're not like that. You're humble."

"I have to be. I wasn't always in this lifestyle, and I came from the bottom. I never wanted to do what I do. It's what I had to do to take care of my girl. "

"Your baby mama? Keke?"

"No..." he hesitated. "The one that passed."

Once again, he became tight lipped about her; just as he had been whenever she came up in our conversations.

I didn't even know her name. His entire demeanor changed every time. Darkness came over him.

Those bright eyes went black, like I was watching an eclipse.

Therefore, I knew the subject was still way too touchy to talk about over drinks with a girl he barely knew.

I couldn't blame him. There were things in my past that I never wanted to visit again.

If he brought up Koby or Kayjah, I would probably jump up and run the hell up out of there. I kept them to myself as well, so I understood and let it go.