14.

Jared

"You buggin, yo."

"No im not!" Atika fussed as she sat down in the bed. "That little bitch be comin' at me sideways about you."

We had just made it home from Sunset. Alina got in to it with some stripper in the back, so we had to bounce early. I prayed that Alina's drunk ass wouldn't say anything about what happened between us.

Apparently, she wasn't that drunk, because she hadnt.

"Maybe it's just some sibling rivalry shit. Maybe she's just fucking with you, because she never comes at me."

Atika huffed as she took her shoes and shirt off. "She gotta go."

I chuckled as I sat down on the opposite side of the bed. Atika and I had only been together for a year, but I lived with woman and their attitudes all my life. I was accustomed to the shit, so I just let it go.

"It's not funny, Jared."

"It is. You gon kick the girl out on a holiday?"

Atika stared blankly as if she was just remembering that it was now New Year's Eve. "I'll wait till tomorrow."

Again, I laughed.

"It's not funny. That little bitch wants you."

"You're trippin." Even though Alina and I had fucked... and it was good... real fucking good... she had been nothing but respectful ever since. She hadn't said one word to me, hadn't touched me, hadn't even batted an eye.

"You don't know her like I do, Jared."

"But you know me, so you should know that, no matter what she wants, I would never do that to you." I had. I know this. But that was before I knew who Alina was. I would never fuck with Atika's sister. That was disrespect in a whole 'nother level.

"I know you wouldn't. But its not about that. She's causing problems already, fighting and shit at the club. I'm not losing my job, which I just got back, because she wants to act a fool. She can take her ass back to-"

"With the nigga that beat her?"

Atika turned around and eyed me questionably. "Why do you care?"

"Really?" I couldn't believe her. "You know what your problem is? You're thinking way too much into this shit. Stop bugging. That girl is here trying to make a come up just like you are. And you gon kick her out-"

"You don't know her like I do! You don't even have a family! You don't have any siblings, so how would you know?"

Immediately, she looked like she wanted to take that back, but it was too late.

"I'm so sorry," she apologized as I glared at her.

"Don't be," I walked towards the dresser and snatched up the keys. "I'm out."

"Where are you going? It's four in the morning..."

I shot over my shoulder, "Don't worry about it," as I walked out of the bedroom and closed the door.

The fact that she didn't even come out the door to stop me made it ten times worse. Atika was bugging for real. She was turning into some selfish, insecure chick that I didn't know.

I guess our honeymoon phase was over and we were really learning about eachother. Funny thing is, I hadn't changed. I was the same nigga. Fucked up and all, I was the same nigga. But she was doing a dirty one-eighty that I wasn't feeling whatsoever.

I missed the girl that was so down for me that she would leave her entire life to be with me, the girl that would never argue with me.

I jumped in the car, welcoming the new year with new arms and praying that it came with new beginnings. I just sat in the car, turned on the music and zoned out. I was in prison all of my life and now I was back in the same prison; unable to live how I wanted, couldn't even comee and go as I wanted.

Dire Lust 4 [Book 4/Final Book]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara