22.

Kayjah

Days later, we were back in New Orleans. March was slowly approaching, the cold westher was leaving.

I walked back and forth on the Ave in a tight blue dress and a jacket.

"Damn, baby. That ass phat!" I smiked and waved at the man strolling down the street in his Chrysler 300. He looked like the type that didn't have to pay for pussy.

The next vehicle that pulled up didn't have to pay for pussy either. He got it from me everytime he asked for it.

"Lilly, come here!"

I trotted towards Santana's truck as the rest of the girls smirked and giggled. They thought it was cute how Santana had turned him into his bottom bitch.

"What's up?" I asked him as I sat in the passenger seat.

"Take a ride with me."

"I'm working," I reminded him.

He sucked his teeth. "This money ain't shit like what we was makin in D.C. I ain't sweatin' it."

He was feelin' himself. He made a lot of money in D.C. and was pissed we had to leave. As he pulled away from the Ave, he started talking about plans of going back to D.C.

Lights and sirens caught my attention.

Santana pulled over without a second thought. Just as I said, he assumed that they weren't stopping him, but when the police merged into the lane behind him, I freaked.

"Fuck," he grumbled. "Stupid ass cops."

My heart began to beat out of my chest as he pulled over.

I urged him, "Pull off, Santana."

He looked at me like I was crazy. "Why? Its probably just a traffic stop."

"What if it's not, we just left the Ave."

"They weren't behind us." Then he chuckled at the way my eyes widened with fear. "Chill, ma. We left the feds in D.C."

He didn't know that. He fucking didn't know that! I knew this was something else, I felt it in my gut as I noticed that the car that pulled us over wasn't a squad car. It was unmarked.

Detectives don't make traffic stops. I thought as I took in my surroundings. I even kicked off my shoes. I w as preparing to swing that door open and run. I couldn't get arrested. The moment that they would fingerprint me, my life would be over.

My hands gravbed the door handle as soon as a flashlight shined into the dark car and blinded both of us.

"Put your hands up and step out of the car!"

Shit, shit, shit. I was bugging out. I freaked when Santana put his hands up and stepped out of the car so willingly. I spazzed, jumped into the driver's seat and snatched his gun from his waistband as he got out.

***
Detective Parker

Santana got out of the car with no issue, just as we had planned hours ago when I pulled him over the first time.

"Look, Santana. I'm a homicide detective, not Vice," I explained to him once I pulled him out of his truck and put him in the back seat of my car. "I'm looking for Kayjah Woods-"

"I don't know no Kayjah, yo'."

"She goes by the name Lilly." I watched his eyes widen in the rearview mirror.

"She arranged to have a pregnant woman killed. She killed her friend, a baby, and most likely that girl that was burning in the Chalmette City Forest Preserve a few months ago."