The New Girlfriend

"Janie . . ?". Cobie questioned cautiously.

I still had my mouth hanging open too stunned to speak to them.

"Are you okay ?". Ruby asked, on the verge of tears.

Poor Ruby. She probably thinks i'm mad ! i realised. I wasn't, this was just a bit unexpected for me.

"I'm fine. I just didn't expect to find you Two like that ". I explained.

"Unexpected for us too". Cobie and Ruby said in unison. Glancing at each other.

I grabbed Ruby's arm pulling her towards my room. It was interrogation time. I gave Cobie a long look to let him know it was his turn later. Hey, i'm allowed to. I just caught my Brother and my Bestfriend making out after all !.

"So how did this happen ?" I asked Ruby after she had settled herself on my bed and me on my desk chair.

"I don't really know".

I raised my eyebrows at her in question.

"Well, we were just sitting there watching The Simpsons laughing and joking about it as you do, then next thing we were sitting quite close to each other Cobie holding my face and staring into my eyes and next thing we are making out. That's when you came in".

The story of how Ruby and Cobie kissed was kind of gross because it was my Brother but it was also kind of sweet.

"Are you mad at me Janie ?". I noticed Ruby didn't call me Jane and i wasn't suprised. She never did when she wasn't sure how i felt towards her.

"Of course not Rubes, it was just a shock for me because i wasn't expecting that. I think you Two will be great together and i know you will treat him good".

"I will treat him great aslong as he treats me the same". Ruby corrected.

I laughed. It was no wonder Ruby and i were Bestfriends. That's the exact same thing i would have said.

Ruby had to get home and help her Mum with some chores, so she left promising to call me later.

"So you and Ruby aye ?". I asked Cobie later, laying back on his bed.

Mum and Dad hadn't bothered changing Cobie's room to a spare room when he moved out, he stayed often at our house and he didn't have enough room for all his stuff at his flat so he had left alot of it here.

"I would like that but , i mean, what do you think ?".

"I think it's a great idea ! you need a chick in your life that will treat you well and that chick is Ruby".

"I agree. It's weird, i never really thought of her that way before. She was always just your friend but, something changed yesterday. I looked into Ruby's eyes and i could see how awesome she was and i just, wanted her".

"Of course she's awesome. She's Friends with me". I smiled cheekily.

Cobie laughed.

"Nah Ruby really is the best. So you will ask her out ?".

"Yeah". Cobie smiled.

"Yay !". I jumped up and down clapping my hands excitedly.

"You can't tell her though Jane ! i want it to be a suprise !".

"I promise". I made a zipping motion across my lips.

"Thankyou Sis".

"No problem. Well i got to go. I've got to use the phone".

"Ooh calling lover boy are you ?". Cobie mimicked in a girly voice.

I giggled and threw One of his pillows at him. "Shut up goose !".