An Unexpected Suprise.

I woke the next morning still smiling. I had called Ruby last night to fill her in and she was so happy for me. I hoped Ruby found herself a nice Guy. All her past Boyfriends' were real jerks but i think for the moment she was happy to be single.

I jumped out of bed, showering super quickly compared to usual and hurriedly dressing myself in Red jean shorts, a Purple DC singlet , my Grey and Black Mercury shoes and Grey ankle socks.

I rushed down stairs and zoomed past Mum who was standing in her usual spot waiting to approve my outfit. I hoped she would see i was in a hurry and let me go. No such luck.

"Janie, get back here".

I groaned under my breath and walked backwards to her.

"Nice outfit. Better improvement on your shoes than yesterdays lot".

I knew Mum wouldn't be able to resist commenting on the shoes.

"Thanks Mum ! got to go !".

I grabbed my lunch and was almost out the door when Mum called me back.

"Oh Janie ! wait !".

I trudged back to Mum. "Yeah ?".

"I called Troy's Mum yesterday and we have arranged an afternoon tea here on Sunday to talk about you and Troy".

When Mum said talk about Troy and I she meant his parents would want to know all about me and mine all about him. I wasn't even worried about what embarrassing stories my parents would tell , it meant i got to see Troy Two days this weekend and that was more than fine with me !.

"Okay Mum, sounds good !".

I rushed back out the door before Mum could say anything else. Why am i in such a rush ?, you ask. I'm meeting Troy , quarter to Eight at the School gates. It was now quarter past Seven.

Before you say it. Troy wasn't rushing me he knew how i liked to sleep in and had offered to meet me later but i had wanted to see him as soon as possible.

I rushed to the Bus stop and got to School by Twenty Five to Eight. I saw Troy standing there and rushed over to him smiling.

"Hi beautiful". He smiled at me.

"Hey handsome". I smiled back.

He kissed me on the cheek. So sweet.

"Ready to go in ?". Troy asked me.

I nodded. Troy took my hand and we walked in the School gates. A couple of people stared at us. Not rudely just in that 'oh they're together now ?' way.

Troy swung our hands together, i looked over at his smiling face and i was happy knowing he was happy.

We walked through the School foyer and i tensed up when i saw some of Courtney's minions staring at us. Where was Courtney ?.

I heard the sound of clicking heels coming towards us and Courtney appeared. She stopped when she saw Troy and I holding hands.

We walked past her.

"Hi Court ". Troy said.

She glared at him and stormed off. Troy sighed, personally i don't know why he bothers with her but i guess he saw something in her. They had been friends for Twelve years after all.

Troy dropped me at my Media Studies class and kissed my lips. There were a couple of people outside the class who stared at us but we didn't mind. I loved how Troy didn't mind public displays of affection. It showed me he wasn't embarrassed to be seen with me.

"Bye beautiful !" he called heading off to his History class. I couldn't help but check him out as he walked away. I smiled to myself feeling lucky, now i could understand the hype around having a Boyfriend.

"Hey, you're Janie right ?". One of the Girls' from my Media Studies class asked.

I nodded. "Yup".

"I'm Brooke Stevens. You and Troy make such a cute couple".

I smiled. "Thanks".

"Yeah i agree !". Another Girl chimed in. "I'm Dannie Rutherford by the way".

I knew very well who Dannie was. I recognised her as one of Courtney's minions. I wasn't sure if Courtney had put her up to something so i didn't say much to her. I just smiled and said "thanks".

It was kind of weird. They had never spoken to me before but now that i was with Troy they were.

I wondered if this was what happened when you got involved with the popular Guy. That wasn't why i was with Troy though. I was with him cause i liked him.

The day flew by and it was soon lunch time. I got a text from Ruby saying she was sick today but she would meet me at my house after School.

I text back saying Cobie would be home to let her in and i would see her then.

I wasn't sure where Troy was so i just went to the library. I needed to get a new book out anyway.

Troy text me to ask where I was and i text back i was in the library. He said he would me meet me there.

We got told off by the Librarian Five times for hushed talking. Troy kept making faces at me making me laugh. All too soon the lunch bell rang and Troy walked me to English.

The rest of the day flew by just as fast as this morning and the last bell of the day rang before i knew it.

I ran to the Bus stop, eager to get home and see Rubes. I eventually got home Thirty minutes later and skipped up the driveway.

I opened the door and stopped, stunned. Ruby and Cobie had their arms around each other making out on the couch.

They must have seen a sudden movement and both jumped up looking guilty and shocked.

"J-Janie ! hey". Ruby stuttered.