All Hail Your Queen Bitch

I got up and turned to face Courtney. Ruby did the same.

"What?" I played dumb.

"Oh, don't act like you've forgotten, Troy told me what happened at glee club yesterday."

I was horrified, why had he told her? Who else knew? The whole school?

Well, most the people at the skate park now. Cobie looked up at me from the ground where he sat asking with his eyes if I could handle it or if I needed him to step in. I nodded to let him know I could.

"It's none of your business Courtney." I said.

"You're such a loser Janie, you can't even talk to guys. Or is that just guys you like? In which case don't waste your time on Troy he would never go for you."

Tears burned at the corners of my eyes and I harshly pushed them back down. Courtney was right of course, Troy would never go for me but she didn't need to know I agreed.

Before I could reply Ruby stepped in.

"Yo! Queen Bitch, why don't you get back up on your high horse and ride off anywhere, no one really cares, as long as it's far away from here."

 Courtney looked shocked for a second before composing her face into a smirk. "You know Ruby, you should stop hanging out with such losers before people start thinking of you as one too."

"But, Courtney, I don't hang out with you and your friends." Ruby said innocently.

Courtney blushed and then looked furious.

I felt my eyes swimming and I just wanted to get out of here before I balled in front of everyone. I looked behind me and wished I hadn't. Everyone was staring at us including Jamie and his friends. Cobie looked like he wanted to get up and say something but I held my hand out as if to say no.

"What's going on here ?" Troy appeared beside me.

"Oh T-Troy" Courtney stuttered. "I didn't realise you were here."

You and me both I thought to myself.

"Why did you tell everyone what happened yesterday?" I cried. I couldn't even be happy I had finally managed to talk to him I was too upset.

"What?" Troy asked.

"You told everyone! I accused. I couldn't stop the tears from falling this time I let them pour out.

"No I told her!" he pointed his finger at Courtney who shrunk back as if she had been stabbed, "because I was upset and needed to talk to who I thought was my friend about it."

"I am your friend" Courtney sounded hurt.

"You just stabbed me in the back Courtney!" Troy shouted "As soon as I gave you something you could use against Janie you went and blabbed. It was meant to be in confidence! Stop being so pathetic and picking on people who haven't even done anything." Troy stormed off.

I was too shocked to do anything. I was still upset though so after a minute I ran back to Cobie's car. As I was running away I just heard Ruby say "good going queen backstab."

Ten minutes later I heard footsteps approaching. "So Jane, want to tell me what actually happened yesterday?"

"I don't want to talk about it" I muttered avoiding Cobie's eyes.

"Alright, I'll go ask king douchebag then" Cobie turned to walk away.

"He's not a douchebag" I don't know why I was defending Troy I don't even know him. "Fine, I'll tell you."

I told Cobie everything that had happened yesterday between Troy, Eliott, Juckson and I.

Cobie didn't say anything at first just gave me a hug. Cobie was good like that he knew when to talk and when to just comfort me.

After a while he said "man that Eliott guy's a douche though."

I laughed. "I know right."

We both heard more footsteps approaching and stop in front of us.

"She's jealous of your looks." The voice said.