Can't Trust A Cousin

I turned around and gasped as I came face to face with Serenova Lafael. Ruby's Cousin.

"Serenova ? why do you have Ruby's phone ?". Speaking of Ruby where was she ? she must have needed to use the bathroom last minute because she was no where around.

"I don't but , someone should check who they have as the contact before pressing send" She sneered.

It was then that I noticed the phone she was holding looked nothing like Ruby's. It had to be Serenova's. Oh my god ! I cursed in my head feeling ready to face palm myself any minute. I had Serenova saved in my phone as 'Cousin Serenova' I must have clicked on her name rather than Ruby. How could I have been so stupid ? why hadn't I double checked ? no wonder Ruby never got my text.

"Well I'll be more careful next time". I tried to laugh it off.

"Yeah , you should but unfortunately you should have been more careful this time too. Courtney's going to be over joyed to see this".

She wouldn't ! would she ?. "Serenova ! why would you do that ?".

"Because , I like Troy and I'd rather ruin you than let you have him !". She hissed.

Ruby hadn't told me that. In fairness maybe Ruby didn't know.

"You wouldn't though, we're friends !". I exclaimed. "You're Ruby's Cousin !".

She smirked. "Has no one ever told you Janie ? can't trust a Cousin".

"Please don't show Courtney !". I begged.

"Don't show me what ?". Courtney asked walking up behind me.