Over Popular With The Male Species

"This !". I tried desperately to grab Serenova's phone as she thrust it towards Courtney.

Courtney smirked at me as my attempts failed and her eyes widened as she read the text.

"Thank you Serenova this will come in very helpful". My eyes burned with tears as Courtney said that. What evil thing was she planning on doing to me with this text.

"Hey what's going on ?". Ruby asked cheerfully bounding up beside me then noticing my face frowning. "What happened ?".

"Serenova here" , Courtney ushered at Serenova, "Just gave me something that I could use to destroy Janie with". She smirked.

"What's she on about ?". Ruby demanded looking at Serenova who couldn't meet her eyes.

"This !". Courtney exclaimed gleefully thrusting the phone into Ruby's face. Ruby gasped as she read it and tried to grab the phone but Courtney yanked it back quickly.

"How could you ?!". Ruby shouted at Serenova who again couldn't meet Ruby's eyes.

"Oh who cares". Courtney murmured faking a yawn.

"Now that I've got this I'll have to miss homeroom, me and my minions need to decide what to do with it". Courtney said turning on her heel and walking off with three of her friends behind her.

She stopped halfway down the corridor and turned back to face us "Oh and Serenova ! don't think because you gave us this it makes you cool or one of us. Just think , if you could be this much of a backstabbing bitch to Janie who probably considered you as a friend imagine what you would do to me".

I expected Ruby to defend Serenova but she didn't. She just gave her a long disappointed look. I didn't feel sorry for her either after what she had done I thought Courtney was right.

The last I saw of Serenova before Ruby pulled me into homeroom was her slinking off down the corridor with her head down.

"Wow , I knew Serenova had a crush on Troy but I didn't think she would ever do anything like this about it. I thought it was just like the time she had a crush on Ryan Sheckler the pro skater. I'm so sorry Jane". Ruby said for the third time since interval had started.

I sighed. "Rubes it's not your fault. I would have never thought Serenova would do something like this to me either".

Ruby was more stunned than me by what Serenova had done. She just didn't expect this from her Cousin. I guess it was like Serenova had said you can't trust a cousin.

"What do you think Courtney will do to me ?". I asked worriedly.

Ruby put her arm around me. "I don't know but if she does anything to you her face wont be pretty at all tomorrow".

I sighed. "Thanks Rubes , but it's too late once she's done it plus I don't want you to get expelled. I'd miss you not being at School.

Ruby winked at me. "The School can't do anything if I'm not in School when I do it.

Ruby had a point but still I didn't want her to do anything, who knew what sort of shit Courtney would rain down on Ruby if she defended me.

I really wasn't sure what I had ever done to bother Courtney. Could it really be something so trivial like Troy had said ?. Would she really go to these lengths to destroy me just because she was jealous of my looks ?". I didn't think so there had to be more to it but , how would I find out what ? obviously I couldn't straight out ask Courtney she would never tell me the truth.

My classes went by pretty fast. Unfortunately Ruby wasn't in all my classes so at the end of each Ruby would come to my class and walk me to my next like my personal body guard. Courtney wasn't in an y of the classes we shared. Usually I would be grateful for this but today I just couldn't be was she working out what she was going to do to me with that text ?.