Chapter 24

Grace's P.O.V

Once I finally get to where everyone was I peak my head through the door and see mom still crying with red puffy eyes and her phone in her hands up to her chest, till my footsteps make some noise and she realizes I'm there, she wipes her tears away and I walk into the room.

" Why are you crying?" I ask walking up to her. " I'm not crying I'm totally fine" she smiles and opens her arms for a hug but I stay stood where I am and cross my arms " Mommy I'm 5 not 3 anymore" I lift my head up "oh come here" she says and I cuddle up next to her right when grandma and grandpa leave the room closing the door.

"Just promise me you'll always be with me" I put on a questioning face first but then put my pinky out in front of her " I promise" I smile "but how long will we be here?" I ask

" Just around a week cause mommys gotta go on tour!" She says which reminds me how horrible its been when she was gone in the past, how I barely got to see her. " You mean I'm staying here? I don't want to!" I can't not see her for a year if not more

" This time you're coming with me" She says which makes me smile "what about Hope and Faith?Are they staying with daddy or is he coming with us " I look up at her and ask

" you know what? you're too old for a 5 year old. What do you wanna do tomorrow? we've got just around less than a week before we're gonna start traveling all over the world" she says as she wipes a tear away.

" Can we go see dad?" I ask but she almost immediately says " How about if I call Shannon to come over then we could see where we could go" she says " NO! They left me I don't wanna be with her" I say

" Trust me Grace it was a mistake and it's my fault that I left you. I didn't know something like that would happen and you know I wouldn't let anyone harm you and neither would Shannon and Tamra" She says then gives me a kiss on my forehead. I just sigh and say "ok"

The next day

Katys P.O.V

I wake up to Grace sleeping in my arms moving around sweating saying some things that I couldn't tell... probably a dream or possibly a nightmare

"Grace...Grace honey" she jumps up freaked out from her sleep and starts to cry. I pull her into my arms and start rubbing her back for comfort " Did you have a bad dream?" I ask and she nods " tell me what was it" she shakes her head " come on Grace if you tell me then it would make you feel better" she sighs.

" I had a dream that you and daddy were fighting, and I didn't get to see him for years because of the fight" she cries "Mommy I wanna see daddy"

" No matter what trust me nothing can separate me from you or you from daddy, even if we have a fight. How about we go out to grab some breakfast before calling Shannon?"

"Starbucks?"

"If Starbucks is what you want then Starbucks it is!" she jumps out of the bed and I remember that I thankfully got my clothes and my moms kept some of Graces for whenever she'd be over, so we're settled here.

After getting dressed and ready Grace and I walk down, and just as we were about to exit and leave something made me stop, what's he doing here? My eyes immediately start to tear up once I see John. I stay stand stood as he approaches me, once he got closer he put a hand on my shoulder which made me feel a shiver through my spine, and that's when I couldn't hold my tears back any longer.

"Grace, come on we're leaving" I say as I pull her out by her arm hoping I'm not hurting her. I buckle her in the back and get to the drivers seat and see John running up to my car " come on, come on," I think to myself at the car as it starts heating up.

"Why aren't you answering daddy, mommy?" Grace says but I try to act as if I couldn't hear her, I know as hard as this is for me it could be hard for her to even know that her sisters are...gone. It takes the car a while to heat up so I put the window down and John was still there but now with tears in his eyes.

"Katy I'm so sorry I only thought that this was for the best, so you could focus more on your career and so can, and all you've ever been for the past couple years was stressed. I want my old Katy back" He says then backs up as more tears roll down his cheeks

" How could you, don't you have a heart?" I take a deep breath "Which adoption center did you drop them off at?" I ask and look deeply into his eyes not even blinking.

He tells me where they're at and before he could finish his sentence I scroll the window back up and drive off. I look at Grace who's asleep but it looks like she's been crying since her cheeks are red, and she's hugging her teddy bear.

I decide to go to the adoption center first I mean Starbucks could definitely wait.

Around 10 minutes later we get to the adoption center, and Grace was still asleep so I just carried her in my arms. The lady by the counter smiled at me when I walked in so I walked up to her.

"Good morning" I smile

" Good morning, how may I help you" she replies

" 2 of my daughters have been put up for adoption by my boyfriend just around a day ago and I'm here to pick them back up" I say

" oh I'm sorry Ma'am but every child thats been sent in the past 5 days are now at a camp since our adoption center is full but..."