16| ''She's Nathaniel's fiancé''

Start from the beginning

We stayed silent until a smile appeared on Jett's lips, and for some reason my knees weakened in response, 'Touché'.

'I don't know how I'm going to be able to get through that entire party without confronting Nathaniel... his fiancé will be there, won't she?'

Jett nodded stiffly, 'You might want to prepare yourself'.

'Why?'

He looked at me seriously, 'She's a really horrible person'.

I widened my eyes, 'What?'

Jett nodded, 'She's scary, even I'm scared of her'.

'Are you kidding me right now?' I growled under my breath but he shook his head morosely.

'You'll see tomorrow'

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The lawn was mowed and the bushes trimmed. A beautiful white tent was set up with sashes that stretched from one pole to another decorated with shiny gems. Under the tent a massive chandelier hung with orchids and other flowers hanging from the crystals.

It was breathtaking.

Alike a wedding, there was a long table placed on one end of the tent, facing other circular tables. Each was decorated with soft cushioned white chairs and more flowers overloading it.

'Stinks like nature,' Jett commented from beside me as we watched them set up the small corral for the younger kids to ride the ponies on.

I looked to the side with a grin, watching him wrinkle his nose in disgust, 'You're such a Scrooge'.

'The hot version,' he offered me a lopsided grin before turning, ignoring my scowl, 'You should get ready, I can hear Briana coming to get you'.

Within ten seconds a knock on the door came and Jett flopped onto the bed, putting his hands behind his head before lifting a brow at me as if to say: See?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The dress they had pulled on me was beautiful; a lacy floral top paired with a white skirt. The top was a mixture of pink roses and carefully embroidered green leaves, and the soft detailing on the rim of the skirt was enough to take my breath away.

The front of the top covered up everything up to my neck but the back was open and my skin felt cool under the breeze.

I spun once in the length sized mirror in my room, smiling as I watched my small silver heels shine, 'It's pretty'.

'You look beautiful,' Briana commented, smiling before she stepped forward and adjusted the dress one more time, 'Your uncle will be more than proud of you'.

At the mention of Uncle Edmund I felt my face fall. The man was keeping secrets from me... I glanced at the pendant lying on my nightstand, why had he said it belonged to my mother when it was Daniel's?

I closed my eyes momentarily, taking in a deep breath to expel the haunting images that Jett had given me when I had somehow gotten into his head. The only reason that I hadn't had a nightmare the past two nights was because Jett slept with me.

There was nothing romantic to his gestures, when I had asked him if this were appropriate he had lifted a brow and said, 'We need each other'. At the sight of my blush he had added, 'You think I actually like sharing my bed with you, Bambi?'

He was always a pro at ruining moments.

'I heard there will be a lot of people,' I tried, desperate to get the men in my life out of my mind.