16| ''She's Nathaniel's fiancé''

Zacznij od początku

I turned to look at him, refusing to let my eyes water because of this stupid man, 'No'.

'You don't understand-'

'I understand perfectly,' I interjected, wrenching my arm from his grasp, 'You didn't bother telling me you were engaged. I feel sorry, for you and your fiancé'.

Nathaniel's face stormed over, 'You don't understand anything, you have to let me-'

'She already said she doesn't want to, brother,' a voice sounded, and without even having to glance up the stairs, I knew it was Jett.

I had never been so happy that he was interrupting a conversation between Nathaniel and I.

'I'd rather you butt out of my business, Jethriel. I made it clear last time,' Nathaniel growled at his younger sibling, and I watched his fingers tighten on the wooden bannister instead. His knuckles white.

'And I made it clear, that I would not,' Jett replied smoothly and when I looked up, his grey eyes met mine, 'Come on, Bambi'.

One glance back at Nathaniel and I had made up my mind.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The moment we got to Jett's room, he plucked the yoghurt out of my hands and leapt onto his window seat.

'Hey!' I managed, making a weak grab for my breakfast/dinner but he grinned and held it away from me.

'See it as payment for saving you from Nate'

'I was doing fine on my own,' I pouted, crossing my arms before sitting opposite of him and opening my milk carton, 'I didn't need saving'.

'Doubt it,' he commented, wrinkling his nose once as he opened the yoghurt top, 'What is this? Vanilla?'

'It's just plain Greek yoghurt,' I replied, unable to hide the smile when he pulled a face and handed it back to me, 'You don't want?'

'I like things rich with taste,' he replied before he leaned back, 'I saved you because you were crumbling'.

'Crumbling?' I raised a brow before taking a sip from my carton.

'You were going to give in. Nate has a way to make women feel sorry for him,' he answered casually, looking out the window before one silver grey eye slid to me, 'And you better not put that carton back into the fridge'.

'Don't worry,' I replied, 'I don't share'.

Jett huffed once but I caught the tilt of his lips.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

'So when's the party going to be? I thought you said this weekend,' I muttered through my second apple.

Jett had gone down to grab me the basket of fruit from the kitchen counter after I had said I was scared to see Nathaniel again. I didn't know why I was acting like such a scaredy cat. But I had managed to fend off Nathaniel for the day, and I wasn't sure I could do it again if he confronted me like that once more .

'Probably tomorrow,' Jett muttered, watching me eat my apple with serious eyes, 'With Vincent helping the party might just happen next year'.

I smiled, 'He's your bestie isn't he?'

Jett lifted a brow, 'I thought you'd outgrown the part where teenage girls braid each other's hair and make BFF bracelets'

'I thought you were past the age of knowing what BFF bracelets are,' I retorted.