Judging books by covers

Start from the beginning

However Lord Dalbus merely smiled more, and finally let go of him. Kashara came to the long drawn out conclusion that Lord Dalbus was mentally stunted. " Alright, alright I'll get going. Take care of Her Highness."

"No, I'll tie her up and throw her off the balcony." was the parting shot the man delivered to the receding back of Lord Dalbus. Kashara smirked. It seemed this man wouldn't be all bad.

"Stop day dreaming, get your puny ass here, Erthling." Kashara spoke too soon. She walked over to him, and looked at the ancient book he was pointing at. "Magicks most potente" it said, and had an illustration of a guy being ripped apart by magic in the open page. Kashara grimaced. She hoped the old man had no intention of trying that out on her,

"That is what will happen to you,", the man spoke and Kashara started, "if you rush the process of getting back your magic. If it is done too fast, the overwhelming magic will rip you to shreds before it can settle down."

"How slowly must it be done?" Kashara asked, afraid of the answer. She probably couldn't get out of Demitytes till she got back all her magic. If it took years, or even months, she was doomed.

"I can't tell. We can only give you back your magic in increasing instalments, and hope it doesn't kill you." the man said dryly. Kashara suppressed a sarcastic answer. No need to burn bridges before they were built. 'Oh the joy. I'll probably die here, on this freakish red planet.' She thought.

"Today, I'll give you a silver of your magic, and we'll see how much your body can take by increasing the dose each session." Just what she wanted. More bonding time with grumpy.

The old man got up fluidly, as if he couldn't be bothered with such a silly notion like old age, and waved his hand at the table full of books and manuscripts. The table vanished, and the books floated back to various shelves, Kashara raised her eyebrows, impressed. It took immense concentration to focus on where each book needed to be simultaneously.

The old man began muttering some strange words, on inscriptions appeared in a circle on the floor of the balcony. Soon, he was finished and looked at Kashara expectantly. "Well, do you want me to organise a welcoming party? Get in!" He snapped.

Kashara got in, rolling her eyes. The man raised his hands again, they were glowing light blue. Kashara felt her excitement build, in spite of her worry of being ripped to shreds. How odd. Suddenly the man stopped and held up a finger. " Hold on. Don't step out."

He quickly summoned a book and began flipping the pages. Kashara felt her trepidation increase. "Do you even know what you are doing?" She asked angrily.

At that moment, the old man, raised his head to look directly into her eyes. There was such a wolfish look in them that Kashara was taken aback, speechless. He was not what he seemed at all. This man, was no old man. He was definitely young. Definitely youthful and Kashara could see it in his eyes. 

"Not really, no." He finally answered her, and it took a while for Kashara to even remember her question.

Fear. Gripping fear paralysed her. She didn't even know his name. She was in deep deep trouble. And before she could choke out the words to stop him, before she could take a step out of the ring, the man raised his hands and the world was pain.

______________________________________________________________________

tada. the end. ;)

Don't kill me. Hahaha just kidding. Don't worry. I know i have been rather late with this chapter,and you guys are probably frustrated with this cliffy. But wait!! Wait!!

Hold your pitchforks!!!

I'll post the next chapter, within 48 hrs : ) how is that for an deal!!!? I know my updates are pretty bad, but i've struggled to keep to the two week timing for now. Slowly i'll work on shortening it to one week:)

Granted this is not a very long chapter too. So I have decided to make this more fun. I have an contest!!

Qn: What do you think will happen next, in regards to the cliffhanger?

If anyone can guess the outcome of the cliffy - it doesn't have to be right if it is interesting - You get two questions to Fallon *wink*wink* and I'll read one story u suggest. Second runner up gets one question to Fallon, and one to Kashara.

I'll post the winners and the answers with the next chapter- within 48 hrs people.

So sound the trumpets, commence the fanfare!! The first inter-galactic Lit- athalon hosted by Demitytes had begun!

PM me if you feel weird commenting everything here.

p.s I'm not saying, Fallon's better than Kashara or anything ( giving her as a consolation prize). After all an author can't have favourites. Its just I think, a majority of my readers are female, and Fallon is probably infinitely appealing *wink*wink*. Though if you swing the other way, Kashara is damn hot too:) Hell I'll turn for her. Hahahaha.

Tom: would you mind turning for me?

Loki: What? Ridiculous question!! Ugh Midgardians are insufferable!!

Tom: Not you! You blue icicle!! I meant ink!

Me: Sayeth Whaaaat. I didn't know you were a girl too!!! * Gasps in horror*

Tom: WHAT! No! I meant turn into a death eater!!!

Me: Oh...No thanks. Why? Did you decide finally that the pen is mightier than your er.. wand?

Tom: Nothing is mightier than my wand.*smirks*

Loki: aaha innuendo!

Me: Ugh. Men.