Burgers Up The a**

After we nearly inhaled our food, Zak and I packed up and headed out to the car, but I felt something wrong, and it definitely wasn't going to let us go home safe. “Hey, Zak?” I asked after we stepped out of the doorway to the restaurant, the hot sun hitting our faces and the cool wind made my hair flap. Zak turned around after looking at the parking lot for the car and flashed me a little smile.

“Yeah sweetie?” Zak smiled at me, his smile was genuine, something I haven't seen in a long time. I sighed and looked at my feet.

“Have you ever felt like..” I began to say, but trailed off and lowered my voice and eventually just stopped talking all together. Zak didn't say anything, until I looked back at him and noticed he was still waiting for me to finish my sentence. I sighed and looked around, “Do you ever feel like somethings watching you?” Zak nodded his head slowly.

“Yeah, all the time. Are you okay?” Zak questioned. I shook my head, and waited for him to catch my drift and when he did – it didn't come as a surprise when his eyebrows lifted up, his eyes got big and his jaw dropped. “Lets go walk around somewhere, aren't there some little shops somewhere?” Zak recommended. I shook my head and looked around.

“Zak, lets head back. I think it would be better if I was home.” I implied to him. Zak nodded, of course agreeing with me, as if he had a choice. He tagged along as we walked to the car, not saying anything. It was as if he was trying to give me some space to shake off whatever was attaching itself to me. And I certainly didn't want it to rub off on him. “How about you drive Zak,” I announced tossing my key ring at him, “It would be safer.” Zak agreed, with only and simple nod.

It seemed as if as soon as we were home, we were home. I felt slightly bad, because Zak had to almost carry my butt up the stairs to my apartment, and before I knew it – I was hitting the silk sheets of my bed, and passed out.

---

“Good morning Pennsylvania! It's 7:45 a.m on this BE-UTIFUL spring day. It's about 70 right now and going to get up to the 80s today with a 45% chance of rain in the evening. Now back to your continuous music list, starting with We Didn't Start The Fire..”

I blinked my eyes as I was nearly blinded by the light as the alarm clock went off. I didn't remember even setting it last night, but then I remembered that I programed it to automatically go off for work. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, looking around the brightening room with the sunrise. I sighed tiredly and began pulling myself out of bed after slapping my hand on the snooze button of the alarm clock. I pushed my feet to the floor and lugged myself to my closet. I didn't want to be up, nor did I want to go to work today and be stuck in meetings all day. I opened the closet doors quietly, and pulled out a T-shirt type shirt with a frilly front, and a black high-wasted low-hanging skirt. I then pulled myself into the bathroom, took a quick shower, dried my hair, and got dressed. Then, I put my hair in a bun at the top of my head, and pushed chop-stick hair pieces in them. I then made my way back to the bedroom, pulled on some black heels, and was ready in an hour flat.

I made my way out of the bedroom to the living room, where Zak was lying on his back on the white leather couch, one hand behind his head, the other on his chest. He didn't have a blanket on him, I suppose he couldn't find one last night. I walked to the closet next to the front door, and pulled out a blanket that had the Beatles on it I had since I was little. I covered him up, then walked to the kitchen. I pulled off a sticky note from the pad hanging off the fridge and scribbled a note for Zak before I left.

Hey Zak! It's Marilyn. I had to run off for work (not excited, meetings all day), but I'll be at Sparkle Magazine” in Phoenixville. If you need me for anything don't hesitate to call. My Assistant: 555-5634 My Cell-Phone: 555-6723 Just ask for me. She'll inform me that you called. I'll be home around 3ish! Xx-Marilyn