Sinister Smiles

“Whoa, whoa, whoa.” A voice exclaimed as Zak pulled away from my lips, “What's going on here?” I stared at Zak, not sure what to think of what just happened. Zak didn't say anything, just stared at me, and I did the same. I looked down at the floor, and then my eyes flashed to whoever was at the door, and when I saw my boss – my heart hit the floor. Markus looked extremely disappointed in me, I could see it in his eyes, and I almost started crying. “Well, Marilyn? What's going on here?” I stood up from my chair, the wheels rolling it back to the wall. It smashed against the bookcase, and magazines toppled to the floor next to my feet.

“I'm sorry, Markus.” I choked out, tears forming in my eyes, “It will never happen again.” Markus stared at me, and didn't say anything. He folded his hands and shook his head.

“Marilyn, I cannot have that kind of behavior in my office.” Markus explained to me, “I'd hate to do this, you are the best photographer I've ever had..” I shook my head, breathing hard.

“No, no, no, no. Please, Markus.” I half begged, tears forming and making mascara tracks down my face. “It will never happen again. It was an accident.”

“I'm sorry Marilyn. Your fired.” Markus gave me a weak smile and left the room, shutting the glass door quietly. I slammed down in my chair, and looked around the room. Tears formed in my eyes, and I started crying, sobbing actually. I leaned my head against the desk, my body shaking violently. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I just got fired from the best job I have EVER had – all because of Zak. My head snapped up, and Zak wasn't even looking at me, he wasn't even fazed by what had happened. He was staring off into a corner of my office, with a sinister smile on his face.

“Zak, I HATE YOU!” I screamed at him. I had nothing to loose, I was already fired. What were my co-workers going to do, tell? “I cannot believe you just got me fired. Do you not realize what you did?!” Zak still didn't look at me while I was fuming. He kept staring at the corner, and finally he turned to me, That sinister smile on his face. I couldn't say anything – because he scared me. His eyes were rolled to the back of his head – and he was just smiling at me. He wasn't talking, or looking at me. Just smiling. “Zak..” I whispered to him, backing up to my desk. “Zak.. wh-” Just then, the door opened and Aaron and Nick appeared. Zak suddenly jumped from his faze, and looked at them. His blue eyes back. Zaks eyes reverted to me, and he looked confused.

“What happened?” Zak questioned as he looked around. I raised my eyebrows.

“What the hell do you mean, 'what happened'!?” I screamed at him, “Did you miss the whole part where you got me fired with that whole make-out scene you caused?!” Zak raised his eyebrows confused, and stared at me.

“Marilyn, what are you talking about?” He asked. He was unbelievably calm for this situation. I raised my eyebrows at him, and Nick and Aaron looked at me funny and motioned for me to come over. I walked to them, extremely confused by this whole situation. Nick looked over at Zak, then at me when I got to them .

“What's wrong with him?” I questioned. Nick looked over at Zak, and back at me before answering.

“I have no idea. He has been acting strange since we got done with the investigation. That's why we decided to stay here an extra few nights, we are going to have Zak blessed at a church. We think something has attached to him and he is in a state of oppression.” Nick explained to me, I raised my eyebrows, utterly confused by this whole ordeal. “Do you remember everything he did?” I nodded.

“I came in the room, and he was staring at my pictures on the walls. I asked him what he was doing – and he said I was an excellent photographer, and I should do promo. Shots for you guys sometime. Of course I agreed, and he started acting strange.” I admitted, folding my hands and looking at my feet. Nick looked at me.