Where the hell is Kaien?!  Hitomi wonders, scanning the area.

From where she is she can spot Rento fighting a ghost back in her fort.  At Eri's "ship" she sees  Kiku dueling Eri with their wooden swords, but no Kaien.

"What?"  Hitomi mutters under her breath.

Just then she feels a poke in her side and sees the culprit.  Her eyes meet dark hazel ones.

"I got you!"  Soshi cheers.

Hitomi looks at him in confusion before realizing what she felt was a wooden sword.

"Now you have to die."  Yuto chimes in.

Sighing in slight annoyance Hitomi complies, sinking to the ground "dead."

Then, when the twins aren't looking she sneaks away to find Kaien only then to hear loud arrogant laughter.

Hitomi looks up to see a wooden sword pointed at Eri's throat.

"Give up, little cousin." Kiku says with a cocky smirk.  "Or walk the plank."

She can hear Soshi, Yuto, and Rento cheer.

But suddenly there's a flash of blond and then there is a wooden sword poking Kiku's back.

Kiku's eyes widen and he pretends to dramatically die.

All eyes are on Eri's savior. It's Kaien.

Eri's eyes shine and she begins to giggle so hard she falls into the pillows making up her "ship."  The twins on the other hand yell angrily a the captain that betrayed them.

Hitomi finds herself smiling and then grinning.

Huh, the idiot did something right...

Kaien himself grins broadly, before hoisting Eri on to his shoulders and declaring her winner and pirate Queen of all.

"Thank you for saving me, uh--" Eri says, struggling to remember Kaien's name.

Kaien smiles up at the child on his shoulders.  Hitomi has never seen him happier.  "You can just call me Daddy Kaien, or just Daddy for short."

"Daddy!"  Eri squeals, wrapping her arms around his neck in an embrace.

All Hitomi can see and feel is red at that moment.  Her muscles tense and she goes to stand, but at that moment Rento grabs her hand.  The touch startles the woman out of her rage.  She looks at the child in confusion.

Rento smiles up at her and hugs her hand.  "Thank you for playing with us."

"Uh-um, you're welcome." Hitomi says pulling her hand away from his.

Just then Kaien sets Eri down and she runs to her mother, hugging her knees.  "Mommy, Daddy saved me!"

Hitomi grits her teeth.  "He did, did he?"

Kaien shies away from her intense stare.

"Angel, go play with your cousins for a bit.  I'll be right back."