Prologue

I don't own any lord of the rings character or anything. I just own Anastasia RedStar and the rest of the characters that aren't in JRR Tolkien's books.

Freak, ugly, strange, weird, loser

        Those are some of the few words that people at my University would call me, my name is Anastasia RedStar AKA Pointed ear freak. Yes! I am different from the people around me, I have pointy ears like those elfs in the North Pole.

Ever since kindergarten, people would tease me about them so since then I have always hidden them behind a bandanna or a hat. I had no friends at all except for my sister, well... technically, she is not my biological sister. You see I am adopted, nobody knows of my biological family because a farmer saw me in the forest when I was just a baby with a note that has my name on it.

That was all the information I know about myself.

"Ana! Breakfast is ready!" my mom shouted from downstairs, I put down my new Olympic compound bow that my father gave me, I appreciate it but I prefer a simple wooden bow. "Coming!" I shouted back as I quickly put my short curly red hair in a messy bun.

"Good morning mom and dad! Good morning Lesly!" I greeted my family. Lesly is 22 years old and she is jobless, while I am 20 years old and in a University taking up BSED-MAPE. It's not much of a course but it's something I can live with everyday.

"Spring break is over, time to go back to school." my mom said cheerfully as she set a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me. I groaned and slammed my head on the table. "Ana! Don't do that." my dad scolded me as he read the newspaper. "I love school but I hate the people there even the teacher teases me." I said as I slowly lifted my head off the table. My mother then poured me a glass of OJ and said "Sweetie! don't listen to them, you are unique."

My parents have tried to convince me that I am beautiful just the way I am but I never agreed to anything they said. I was mad and angry why I had ears like this. I once tried to cut them off with scissors but my sister found me before anything could happen.

----------------------

        It's already noon and I was ready to go back to my University. I was wearing flare jeans, black converse and a turtle neck grey long sleeve. "Bye mom! Bye Dad!" I called out as I got into the passenger seat with Lesly driving. "Ready to go kiddo?" she asked as she started the engine, I sighed and said "I don't wanna be." she smirked and drove off.

As we got to the University I quickly put on a grey bandanna on my head so no one can see my ears. Lesly sighed and turned to me, she knew how miserable I am. "Ana, be careful. I don't wanna let you go but I don't wanna take you away from your studies." she said as she pulled me into a hug. I smiled and said "I'll always be careful." And I got out of the car and started walking up the stairs.

---------------------

        It was around five in the afternoon and the sun was about to set. I was drawing in my book, drawing a man with pointed ears and long blonde hair with a crown made out of wood and leaves. I was at the docks over looking the ocean. It was peaceful until a voice pulled me out of thought,

"Well, well, well look who it is?! It's one of Santa's workers." Brittany said as her group of friends laughed. I got up and tried walking away but the quarterback of the football team, Larry. Blocked my way. "Just please leave me alone." I said in a calm voice. They all laughed again and Brittany pushed me against the wooden railing, "Who do you think you are freak! You don't belong here! Go back to the North Pole!" she hissed as her friends started to laugh.

I got really angry and with all my strength I punched Brittany right on the nose and she fell back. Everyone went quiet that's until Brittany was back up and one of her friends shouted "Ooh.. You're so gonna get it." And before I could run or defend myself Brittany and Larry pushed me and the next thing I knew I was falling off the 20 foot docks and into the deep water.

Once my body hit the water my body shivered and I swam back up and looked above me to see them laughing at me and so did the whole school who was there, I was shivering and trembling because it was winter here and I was in the cold water trying to keep my head up. They started throwing garbage at me and calling me names. My heart was aching and then a tear ran down my face, I just want to go home.

Then I heard someone scream, when I opened my eyes again I saw a big whirlpool in the middle of the ocean not too far away from me. My eyes widen and I started to panic. My heart was filled with fear and horror, but as I tried to swim back to shore the water kept pulling me farther and farther away from the shore. "HELP ME!" I screamed everybody was panicking, they tried to throw some float with a rope and ropes and people started to look for help.

But I already know it was too late, I was already in the circle of the whirlpool.

My life started to flash before my eyes, I was sobbing and screaming but in my head questions started to fill it.

Who am I for real?

Who are my biological family?

Will I ever finish school or get married?

Will anyone miss me?

and lastly will I never get to know why my ears are pointed?

and with the last picture in my head was my foster family, the whirlpool swallowed me and everything went black. Was this the end of my short journey?

Thanks for reading! I will update asap. See what happens next in 'It has only Begun' Sequel to 'I am No Man'. Vote!