Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"Rosekit."

Rosekit opened one eye. Tawnystar was gazing down at her, smiling. Her fur was hanging in clumps, and her left eye was swollen. But that didn't catch Rosekit's attention, it was that she was alive. "Tawnystar!" Rosekit flung herself at her mother.

Tawnystar licked her fur down. "I'm here." She lay down, curling herself around Rosekit. "I'm fine."

Rosekit snuggled in Tawnystar's fluffy fur. Soon, Tawnystar's gentle breaths put her to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rosekit! Rosekit! Wake up!"

"Come on! Come on!"

Rosekit sleepily opened one eye. Birchkit and Pinekit were excitedly jumping around, their fur slicked down after a rough wash. "Why?"

Birchkit stopped tumbling with his brother to explain. "Do you want to miss our apprentice ceremony?"

Ah, that. It had been half-a-moon since the battle with ShadowClan and Sootkit's 'disappearance.' She rose steadily, and shakily padded out the den, the two energetic toms racing each other out. She sat beside the entrance, watching them play-fight.

"That'll be you one day."

Rosekit looked over her shoulder to see Tawnystar emerging from the den. Poppyleaf must've been saying good-bye to Birdwhistle, since she would be leaving the den. In that half-moon, Birdwhistle had given birth to a Tom and a she-kit. The toms name was Thistlekit after his thistle-like attitude. The she-kit, however, was the opposite of him. She was named Sweetkit after her kind personality. Other then kits, there was only one more thing that happened. Nettlesplash had gone to join the elders, and now Honeyleaf was the full medicine cat. Maplepaw, however, hadn't gotten her warrior name. But she seemed as happy as Honeyleaf when the medicine cat came back to camp with a full name. Instead, they chatted about what Maplepaw's warrior name would be.

Rosekit sighed. "I have two more moons. And Sootkit isn't even here to become one with me." She gazed longingly at the two toms who were playing in front of SkyStone. Pinekit kicked out wih his hindlegs, smashing Birchkit into the stone. But Birchkit only jumped back up and ran back to his brother.

Tawnystar sat beside her. "I'm sure Sootkit will get her apprentice name wherever she is." Tawnystar looked down. "And I'm afraid she will in a different clan. When I had you, I was overjoyed to finally have kits, and being able to name them myself was a dream come true. Rosekit, promise me you'll never leave. Promise me that you'll stay here forever."

Rosekit looked up into Tawnystar's begging green eyes. They sparkled with tears, most likely remembering the pain she must have felt when Sootkit left. "I promise."

A/N haha, sorry about the loss of chapters! My friend came over yesterday and hid my iPod so I couldn't find it! I have to text her his morning on my sisters iPod...anyways, YAY! Another moon and a half and Rosekit's out of that stupid Nursery! And I'm sorry, but the next chapter is coming ASAP!