There was a heavy knock on the door, but I ignored it not wanting to stop.

The knock got louder. I finished up with Vern, and slid out of bed. I found a pair of sweatpants and slipped them on over my naked body.

I opened the door annoyed with the disturbance.

"The Queen, she doesn't look too well."

"What happened?" I questioned.

"I was walking through the hallway when I heard screams and banging on her door. When I opened the door, she came out, and she looked like she was in pain. Bruises began to appear on her body, and I wasn't sure what to do."

"Take me to her." My voice grew deeper.

The guard nodded as I followed after him through the twists and turns of the castle.

Her fragile and petite body came into view. She was laying on the ground with her arms curled around her body. You could recognize tears which continued to stain her cheeks, as her body shuddered. Violent coughs escaped her mouth, and I could see the faint trace of the blood coming out.

I did this to her.

I clenched my fists, as danger radiated off my body. I marked her. I marked her and I still did this to her. I was so clouded by rage I was able to let myself hurt her. I am truly a monster.

I lifted her small frame off of the cold, marble ground. She sighed, relaxing in my arms.

"Please, don't hurt me." She whispered, faintly.

I could sense it in her eyes, she was scared of me.

Adeline's POV

A warm, chest which I later identified to be Gabriel lifted, me off of the cold, ground. My skin touched his, causing sparks to shoot through my body. His touch eased the pain, making some of it disappear. My eyes widened in realization; he was the one who caused me the pain.

"Please don't hurt me." I whispered, looking at him pleadingly.

Gabriel's eyes widened. It was as if he was suprised to hear me say those words. His face quickly flashed to an emotion I've never really seen before, guilt.

He took me back into my room, and laid me down on the bed. He got up, and he returned with a glass of water. He placed the brim of the cup on the tip of my lips and urged me to drink the water. I swallowed down the cold liquid, which soothed my throat, falling into a deep slumber.

~~*~~*~~

I groggily woke up, my body in pain, with the dull aches reminding me of the peril Gabriel put me through.

I rubbed my eyes, feeling like I've been asleep for ages.

A warm hand was wrapped around my own, and next to me was Gabriel, sleeping soundly.

He felt my movement, and his eyes flew open.

"You're awake." He whispered.

I stared at him blankly.

"You've been out for an hour. You should probably freshen up."

I nodded.

He helped me off the bed, and he led me into the bathroom. He turned on the shower, before turning to me.

"I'll go get some towels." He said, awkwardly.

I nodded. Once he left the room. I pulled the night gown over my head, and removed my undergarments, stripping down to expose my bare body. I looked in the mirror to see the horrifying bruises along my body. I looked disgusting. A tear fell down my cheek, as I turned away from the mirror, too disturbed to look at myself.

I'll heal.

I walked into the shower, and closed the door behind me. The hot water worked its way onto my body, relaxing my aching muscles, and wiling off the blood and sweat from my body. I felt refreshed. The pain was gone, although I could feel the echoing ache that was left behind from the torture.

The door to the bathroom flew open as Gabriel walked in with a few towels.

I turned the shower off.

"Can you pass me a towel?" I asked.

Gabriel grabbed one of the towels and brought it up to the shower. I opened up the frosted door, to take the towels. Gabriel's eyes drifted away from my body, respecting me in my vulnerable state.

I hesitantly grabbed the towel and wrapped it around my body before stepping out.

The talk, it was coming, sooner or later.

Instead, Gabriel, pulled me close, and hugged me.

Sorry it took a while for me to update. I guess I was sorta stuck on how to progress this chapter. Well, I left you all at another cliffhanger! He he sorry not sorry. Well, my story is gaining so many views lately, I'm at 8k! So thank you all very much! Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

What the hell is Gabriel doing?•